• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tidsy boop

nikic613

Strolling the yard
Real Name
niki
I need to start being more active on here. Tidsy is the best thing that has entered my life. My mother passed due to cancer right before christmas and i had Tidsy out like a day or so later. Im of course a mess and I have never allowed Tidsy to get near my face but that day I just didn't care at all. She climbed right up on my shoulder, surfing and all that jazz...then went up on my head to do the same. After she got that all out of her system she climbed back down on my shoulder and layed her body on my chest and stretched a wing out in a hug. These birds know without a doubt our emotional state and she truly comforted me. She has not done that since that day though i do finally trust her on my shoulder and head...her and i have bonded so well and shes just an outstanding bird. Ive trained her to potty on command however she does still poo where i dont prefer but thats entirely my fault for not paying attention and she also spins for treats. Im still going through a lot of emotional turmoil over the fast and unexpected loss of my mother but this bird my mom even loved (as well as my quaker Opie) but Tidsy (and Opie) helps a ton. Attached is a pic of her a little earlier today as well as her giving me a big hug the day in question.

Attachments

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for the loss of your mother.
It's great that Tidsy and Opie are there to comfort you.
Cute photos of Tidsy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for the loss of your mom. Birds can be a great source of comfort.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How sweet! What a wonderful girl. I'm sorry about your mom. :sadhug:

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
I lost my mom 10 years ago, also to cancer. I miss her everyday. Birds are a wonderful comfort...they are so intune with our feelings. Be sure to give yourself time to grieve for your mom and take care of yourself. And get wing hugs everyday!:hug4:

nikic613

Strolling the yard
Real Name
niki
I lost my mom 10 years ago, also to cancer. I miss her everyday. Birds are a wonderful comfort...they are so intune with our feelings. Be sure to give yourself time to grieve for your mom and take care of yourself. And get wing hugs everyday!:hug4:

*hugs* wing hugs are the best lol

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I am so sorry for your loss. There is just no friend like your Mom. I lost my Mom 20 yrs ago and I felt like a piece of me went with her. So glad you have your loving birds to comfort you. Bless you!