• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is quick update about Dr Barb's clinic

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am still volunteering at the clinic 2 weekends a month, cleaning bird cages, making forging toys, helping any way I can. Fast Freddy now has a room mate named Edward (Little Eddie). Little Eddie came from home where he was not taken care very well. Eddie is mini macaw. and he gives Fast Freddy a run for his money on daily basis. Nick bought Eddie to get him out of that house of Horrors. Avian Angel "G" is finally back to work about 30 hours a week. she was so sick from parasite that she picked up in Romania. She lost over 70 pounds before they got it under control. Missy the cockatoo is doing great.
Dr. Barb leaves for Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania on Jan 3`18 for 6 weeks. she is so excited about this trip because Jon, her son, will be joining her, for 2 weeks in New Zealand. She will be helping Black Palm Cockatoos in Australia, Keas in New Zealand and some type of bird in Tasmania. we will doing Christmas after she gets home. Dr. Tony will be manning the ship for those 6 weeks with help from Dr. Paul. Monster is still doing very well with Dr. Paul and has his own room now. all the other birds that have been rescued are either in new homes or still at the clinic looking for new homes. 2 weekends ago, there was 5 birds at the clinic looking for new homes. I love the work I do there and it makes my weekends go by quickly.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Eddie sounds like a hoot....

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thanks for updating us! I’m glad Freddy is doing well and has a roomie, and I’m glad “G” is back to work. Wow, 70lbs! The clinic always sounds like such a great place with such wonderful, caring people. I’m glad you can help out there!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Dr. Barb left last night for Australia, she arrived this afternoon. she has a short jump flight to base camp in the morning. she is loving Sydney.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
tomorrow Dr. Barb leaves for Tasmania , for 1 1/2 weeks and then to New Zealand.

Reactions: TWR

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad she's home. I bet she was missed :laughing12: