• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is How I Imagine Milton

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Yes, yes, yes! :)

Milty has had "interactions" with rain, but only when the rain has come through a screened window. He was extremely happy when he found out rain was "WET."

I'd love to have him actually interact with rain- like the video, but I'd have to try to put his harness on...that would...1. pi$$ him off tremendously, and spoil his mood before getting wet...and 2. I'd have to go to the ER for repair of my fingers. ;)

The thing that concerns me is that that 'too is fully flighted...and it looks like there's no harness on....a very disconcerting thing to see..:(

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well it looks to me like his primaries are clipped but we all know a determined bird and a gust of wind can lead to disaster. Never had a Too maybe that's how their wings feathers are. I do know from personal experience that most parrots are afraid to fly down as Lurch proved as he watched us from his tree and got upset when he saw us eating his favorite treats but couldn't have any:( But that sure is one happy wet bird:D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Well it looks to me like his primaries are clipped but we all know a determined bird and a gust of wind can lead to disaster.
That might be...but like you said, things can happen. Milton is clipped, and I would never allow him to go out without his hated harness...

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I cant help it, (and I don't like that she doesn't have a harness on just so you know) but that owner must really love his bird.
She is standing their in the rain with a rain coat on, just so her beloved friend can take a natural bath.
For that I adore her! ♥

And I have a friend that have a breeding pair of Alba Cockatoos. They live outside in a big aviary and everytime it's raining in the summer they go crazy, just like the Too in the video.

Last edited:

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
That might be...but like you said, things can happen. Milton is clipped, and I would never allow him to go out without his hated harness...
Would he put his harness on if he could get WET?

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I was wondering the same. If he knew that he get outside and get wet I'm sure that he would have jumped in by himself in that harness. :D

Perhaps try that Bob. Harness on = get wet. He is so clever, he will soon learn.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I was wondering the same. If he knew that he get outside and get wet I'm sure that he would have jumped in by himself in that harness. :D

Perhaps try that Bob. Harness on = get wet. He is so clever, he will soon learn.
....:hmmm: ...an interesting line of thought. He already knows that his beloved shower is in the bathroom, though. He's forever running out of his room and into the bathroom yelling "WANNA WET."
Knowing my luck, he'd get that "Harness on= get wet" concept...then he'd get the thing on and run into the bathroom...to get wet there...rather than go outside....:confused: :rofl:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@cassiesdad @Dartman

The video seemed to run for a bit.... when she turned, she was holding her thumb over his toes. Look at her left hand when she moves him to that one. Wise woman that loves her too.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
....:hmmm: ...an interesting line of thought. He already knows that his beloved shower is in the bathroom, though. He's forever running out of his room and into the bathroom yelling "WANNA WET."
Knowing my luck, he'd get that "Harness on= get wet" concept...then he'd get the thing on and run into the bathroom...to get wet there...rather than go outside....:confused: :rofl:
He is a smart bird. He would soon learn the difference BUT he might want to go out every time it rains.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad @Dartman

The video seemed to run for a bit.... when she turned, she was holding her thumb over his toes. Look at her left hand when she moves him to that one. Wise woman that loves her too.
I did see that.

Still, things can happen. IMO, it's always better to be safe...than sorry.
He is a smart bird. He would soon learn the difference BUT he might want to go out every time it rains.
You're right on that! :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wonder how many people have to put a harness on their bird when they take them into a shower? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I wonder how many people have to put a harness on their bird when they take them into a shower? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only you! :D Just because we want to see Milton enjoying an outside bath! LOL!