• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They looove getting paper wet, for some reason

green&grey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
The birds' water bottle got a bit leaky so I adjusted it to leak into a bowl instead of on the cage bottom(Had quite a scare thinking my birds were drinking a lot or water :eek: Also trying to pick up wet liner is a nightmare). This is the third morning I come into the room and have to remove wet paper from the bowl :facepalm:

Something about the texture of waterlogged paper must be fascinating to them. They actively pick out the soft napkin paper from their shred toys and dunk it in the water. And they're not like little strips, they carry off huge clumps to soak up the water. The dish was full of wet paper the first time I saw it o_O

They're not getting napkins in their toys until I get a new water bottle(hopefully soon...). They've now moved on to trying it with other kinds of paper so I might end up taking it out altogether for some time. It's probably(?) harmless but I don't wanna think about possible chemicals or bacterial development in the paper/water mix.

Either way, quite an interesting thing to see! Never thought they'd do something like this. :blink:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You never know what's going to fascinate them. LOL.

green&grey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
That's very true! Such intricate little critters. They never cease to amaze me lol