• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

These guys are so smart.

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Well day 2 of clicker training and my amazing smart little Lewie is following the stick all around my bed. He touches it every time and has so worked out touching it means treats. I click everytime he touches and will continue to do so.
Once he realised that clicker means treats its become so easy. A HUGE whistle and chirp to the step by step clicker training guide in the forums here. I don't know how to tag them in yet sorry, but I followed them and my little man has picked it up a lot quicker than i imagined.
I went at his pace and only expected him to touch it, however, when i moved the stick to get more comfortable he followed. I have never been more grateful for having the clicker in my hand.
These beautiful fids are defo more intelligent than they are given credit for. And this forum has way got us both on the road (see what i did there ) to successful feathered friendship.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is awesome! They are indeed very smart little birds:heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I've not tried clicker training. I should give it a closer look. :)

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Oh defo. It's so worth it. Although i think i will still be doing clicker a few more months yet til he really gets the step up every time