• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures There's a crocodile in my bathtub!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He looks so adorable in his Christmas gear! How does your flamingo look? I hope Panzer has not stolen the flamingos outfit! lol.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
He looks so adorable in his Christmas gear! How does your flamingo look? I hope Panzer has not stolen the flamingos outfit! lol.
Oh, I nearly forgot to show you Fernando Flamenco Ferdinand's Christmas outfit! :D

20181218_093006.jpg

Excuse the untidy garden, I hadn't taken out the dead plants yet.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
snooter.jpg

I can't get over how beautiful and amazing this big ol' boy is. I love the spot on the end of his snoot. :swoon:

Closer inspection has led me to believe that he may have infectious stomatitis (mouth rot). His vet visit is probably gonna cost a whole lotta dollars, but he's so worth it.

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
View attachment 293025

I can't get over how beautiful and amazing this big ol' boy is. I love the spot on the end of his snoot. :swoon:

Closer inspection has led me to believe that he may have infectious stomatitis (mouth rot). His vet visit is probably gonna cost a whole lotta dollars, but he's so worth it.
Awww so sweet!:heart:

Hmm rex the alligator had mouth rot and also was stunted at 4ft with an upturned snout because she was kept in a box that was way too small for 27 years. They used bicarbonate of soda(in a paste) on her teeth and gums to get rid of the mouth rot but still use it regularly.

You're in very good hands panzer! :)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww so sweet!:heart:

Hmm rex the alligator had mouth rot and also was stunted at 4ft with an upturned snout because she was kept in a box that was way too small for 27 years. They used bicarbonate of soda(in a paste) on her teeth and gums to get rid of the mouth rot but still use it regularly.

You're in very good hands panzer! :)
Oh no!! Poor wee alligator. :sad11: That sounds awful! I hope she's doing better.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
About how long is Panzer and do you know an approximate weight? Just curious.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
About how long is Panzer and do you know an approximate weight? Just curious.
Because of his missing tail tip, he's just under four feet. I tried to weigh him on the bathroom scale (on his own and in my arms) but he's a wiggly worm who just wants to explore and the scale was having a heck of a time, so the readings ranged between 11 and 13.5 lbs.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
20181225_212538.jpg

Just got home from Christmas dinner at my mum's and let Panzer out for a stroll, and he clambered right up onto the sofa and on my chest. I'm a heated bed. :p

Really puts his size in perspective!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
When I read there was an alligator in your tub I was bracing for some freakish, random reason but I felt less surprised than I think I'd be if it'd been anybody else's thread.
:embarassed:
Congratulations on your new, sweet boy. :hug8:

Next up, a horse. :roflmao:
We need to know the second this happens. :laugh:

all I see is "on γɒƨ Ɉ'nɒɔ I"
:coffeescreen:

I hope Panzer has not stolen the flamingos outfit! lol.
:laughing2: I'm glad Fernando didn't have to sacrifice his style for Panzer's photo shoot! He probably has backup outfits.

he clambered right up onto the sofa and on my chest. I'm a heated bed. :p
You sure are! What a snuggle bug. :heart: I'm so happy for you.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
View attachment 293068

Just got home from Christmas dinner at my mum's and let Panzer out for a stroll, and he clambered right up onto the sofa and on my chest. I'm a heated bed. :p

Really puts his size in perspective!

So far this is my favorite photo of him. It is great to see how big he really is and I am glad you are so careful and vigilant with your animal care routines.......I would hate to think of what he could swallow if he was roaming free and got hungry:jawdrop1:. I can not believe how massive he is :) Thank you for sharing so many pictures of him, I love him!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I love these guys! So jealous and so pretty! I can’t have one since I don’t have the room anymore and I’d probably get a caiman lizard if I got a bigger lizard one day. Honestly I need to date someone that can handle venomous snakes and big lizards because I can’t handle venemous and big lizards are too much work lol

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's stunning! Congratulations on your new family member!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Out of curiosity, what do you keep him in? Do you have like a gargantuan tank, or another thing? I'm curious, inquiring minds want to know lol
At the moment he's in a 7 foot long wooden terrarium I originally built for someone else, but in the spring I'm going to make him a new and bigger one, since it's not very wide and he can't really utilise vertical space by climbing, being blind. I also want to have his new one better waterproofed, since he requires much higher levels of gradient humidity than the Savannah monitor who was originally going to live in it.

Outside of his tank, he has a massive humid hide (tupperware storage bin with a fogger, lol) and a basking lamp in my living room for when he's exploring. He's already spoiled. :D