• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The vacuum cleaner!!!!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
is running.....

20170729_113328.jpg 20170729_113350.jpg 20170729_113413.jpg

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
and to the right.....

20170729_113504.jpg
And back
20170729_113512.jpg
And then the vacuum runs but stays still....
20170729_113524.jpg

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
All my Pionus Parrots did or do the same thing from time to time. Vacuums are either evil or a sign that the jungle downpour is coming and it's shower time:rofl:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Evil. Definitely evil!

Love to watch him do the flare though....had a ton more pictures of MC while hubby was running the vacuum in the living room. Far from the cage......but still evil. Loved the prepared to go again photo.....the last one, note the wings slightly raised and eyes not calm as the vacuum remained still for cleaning the air purifier.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Joey whistles while I vacuum.
Very consistent about it....

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
The little ones are afraid of the vacuum but Dobey talks up a storm and says things I never heard him say before. He even cries like a baby...probably because he was around babies years ago

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Good job hubby helps out. I second the :backout:.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MC is a sweetie..... just looks fierce.

Secret? Looks like a sweetie and turns in a second.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Birds are funny that way. Nerd grew to love me and would bite when scared or hurt, Lurch was just plain aggressive, scared, and mad at the world. He would bite with no warning just because he had a thought, probably just like secret. He did decide he liked me and trusted me after enough time and was slower and gave more warnings first. Dobby it seems is so socialized he just gives the strut and tail flare hoping it will work. I can see he's mad but so far worst he's given is ferocious beakings and a very hard pinch when I knew I shouldn't have touched him. They all were Maxis and each one had his own personality and way of dealing with things. Dobby is doing great and it's nice not to have to expect a sudden bite because I broke a rule or he wanted something and doesn't know how to ask nicely.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lurch, Secret and Wasabi.

A prime indicator that birds need years of patience.....

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Pilo isn't fond of the vacuum cleaner and is extremely vocal while it is in his domain! Perhaps it might have been when he was being naughty a long time ago and the wife calmly walked to his cage and said... "The vacuum cleaner does't like you either!" :rofl::rofl:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

Lurch took basically 5 years to mostly be my new best friend and general follow me everywhere bird, so yes years of patience was required. He never fully stopped biting but he really was my friend and every time I walked out of his sight he flew after me. It really was worth it to see him happy and wanting attention and scritches from where he started and every little breakthrough was so awesome.
If you don't have the time to work with a used parrot maybe they aren't the companion you should pick.
I sure miss Lurches grumpy butt and I used to call him MR Lurch for good reason as he demanded respect.
I used to joke we were on the 5 year plan to being best buds and little did I know how true it really was.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Well, we're past a decade with Mr. Big. It's always shocking to me when he lets me get in the three strokes on his head and then politely moves away without trying to collect a finger. That took ten years to get to. Honest - ten years before he would let me pet his head a bit without trying to draw blood.

He's being pretty good lately, despite the hormones, but he can still turn in a half a second. He did last week. Also last week, he bowed his head, but was still looking at me. Uh-uh, I said to him. I know that ploy.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
And you still love his grumpy self dearly and I'm sure somewhere he secretly really cares about you, but maybe bites show that he cares...;)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

And Mr. Big. And Ernie.

Ernie always bathes when the vacuum runs. Which, by the way, hubby does. He doesn't let me vacuum. It is machinery, therefore, he says he gets to do it.

Anyway if Ernie's dish is not full to the top he looks around for some one to fill it up. He won't take a bath in any container other than his water dish. :D

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
I mentioned this once before in another thread but my two Lovebirds have no problem with the vacuum, and that is what I used for almost eight months.........then I got new laminate floors for easier cleaning and the birds are terrified of the Swiffer! It's is like the green stick monster is coming to get them, LOL. I have to move so slowly when I use it near the cage...............and they follow my every move with those little stink eyes, Ha!