• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The stars at night are big 'n' bright, deep in the heart of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
...suburban Missouri?! :huh::confused::huh:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just got done freezing my butt off outside to get some pics of the night sky on the first clear night in several weeks.

The sky:

Orion:

And the dipper...not sure if it's the little or big. I didn't realize what it was until I got inside and looked at the pics.

I'll be going out later with the 75-300mm to get some moon shots, but unfortunately the moon is rising late (midnight CST) tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to stay away. Due to the late rising time, the setting time is late also, so maybe I'll get some interesting daylight moon shots over the weekend. :dance4:

Last edited:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Re: The stars at night are big in bright, deep in the heart of...

Terrific photos - I love the color in the first photo!! (they're all fantastic though) :highfive:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
very nice indeed!!!:laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:omg: i see Orion's Belt in pic 2!!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Beautiful! What shutter speed did you use? I can go to 15 seconds with my camera, and unless it's really really clear, the stars don't show up in the photos.

Whenever I see Orion I think of a young grey that I worked with about four years ago of the same name. He was a sweetheart. His brother was Little Bear... he was a grumpy little guy:D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I like no. 3 :D

hsmoscout

Thanks everyone :hug8:

Beautiful! What shutter speed did you use? I can go to 15 seconds with my camera, and unless it's really really clear, the stars don't show up in the photos.

Whenever I see Orion I think of a young grey that I worked with about four years ago of the same name. He was a sweetheart. His brother was Little Bear... he was a grumpy little guy:D
I used 30 seconds on about ISO 400, but I brightened up pic 1 in Gimp. You can get the same effect by going 30 seconds on ISO 800 or 1600. If you can change ISO on your camera try 15 seconds on ISO 800 or 1600 and just experiment.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Thanks AJ:) I think I can go to ISO 800. I'll try it sometime, maybe tonight if the sky is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.