• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The snuggle monster

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Mia is the snuggliest bird on the face of the planet. She loves everyone and wants constant snuggles. We could literally spend all day petting her and she would love it.
I force her to play with toys by sitting on the ground with her and playing with things until she decides to nibble on one. She can fly about 10ft now, mostly because I will intentionally leave her on a stand and the only way to get to me is via fight :p otherwise she will hop around trying to find us.
Here are some pictures of what I "have to deal" with :p IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4368.JPG IMG_4380.JPG IMG_4374.JPG
I'm waiting for the honeymoon phase to end :)

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
That’s sooo cute!!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Mia is the snuggliest bird on the face of the planet. She loves everyone and wants constant snuggles. We could literally spend all day petting her and she would love it.
I force her to play with toys by sitting on the ground with her and playing with things until she decides to nibble on one. She can fly about 10ft now, mostly because I will intentionally leave her on a stand and the only way to get to me is via fight :p otherwise she will hop around trying to find us.
Here are some pictures of what I "have to deal" with :p View attachment 261370 View attachment 261371 View attachment 261372 View attachment 261373

She is adorable! Do you mean that you don't have all day to scritch her?

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Those are the cutest pictures :heart: I love how much she enjoying her stritches :xflove:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
:faint: She is the cutest little girl:heart:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
it won't end! She's adorable!

mine don't bite me, but JoJo bit my son who he was good pals with. my son's feelings were so hurt!

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
it won't end! She's adorable!

mine don't bite me, but JoJo bit my son who he was good pals with. my son's feelings were so hurt!
I have been already preparing everyone (including myself!) that she may decide to dislike someone and to be ready for it. She is 14 months old and came with me to work one day last week and enjoyed all of the attention. Fingers crossed she keeps up with the love for everyone!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
She is SO DARN CUTE. Rio loves to cuddle and have scritches for 5-10 minutes, then you see the energy building and he just can't stand it any more -- off he goes! I hope she stays that way for you. :heart:

Wonder if that means Rio is a girl? We'll find out soon.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awwww so sweet!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Made me smile...:heart::heart: It is amazing how (some) fids can bond so affectionately with their Parronts! Then there are the carnivores! :rofl:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Here are some pictures of what I "have to deal" with
I'm so sorry! It must be awful to deal with that! :D
(♥♥♥♥♥♥♥)
I don't think this is honeymoon. She is probably this sweet so just enjoy her. ♥
Also remember that this girl don't have any bad luggage, and all people she has meet has been kind to her.
I see a very big different in my girls, Akela was wild when I got her, I'm the only one that ever have handled her, she is the sweetest and kindest ever.

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I'm so sorry! It must be awful to deal with that! :D
(♥♥♥♥♥♥♥)

I don't think this is honeymoon. She is probably this sweet so just enjoy her. ♥
Also remember that this girl don't have any bad luggage, and all people she has meet has been kind to her.
I see a very big different in my girls, Akela was wild when I got her, I'm the only one that ever have handled her, she is the sweetest and kindest ever.
this is true, everyone who has ever met her has showered her with affection and even if someone at some point handled her rough (which has not happened to my knowledge) I feel like caiques are pretty forgiving little birds.

It is extremely hard to deal with, all of this snuggling is getting me behind in laundry and cleaning :p

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
It may never happen. Kiwi never bites and I feel really good about the grands playing with her but with any of my birds I warn people that ask "do they bite?", I tell them....they are birds and I can't guarantee they won't. Sometimes in, my opinion, that may be the only way to communicate something.