• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The scream heard ‘round the world ( literally)

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
We all have loud birds, or at least birds that can be loud when they choose. Of all of my species notorious for ear splitting volume, my Princes of Wales Parakeet is not one of them.

Last evening, my son was gaming online with friends from multiple countries. They were all in voice chat, he and several others through a headset while some had the sound running through their surround sound.

For whatever reason, Remy felt the need to make his contact call. It’s a very high falsetto, break glass call......(I’m serious when I say this sound would give the Macaws and Goffins a run for their money. Apparently because of the guys who had things piped into their surround, it started an echo effect that liquified eardrums as far away as Australia. :hehe:

I’m told ten headsets went flying across the room followed by multiple outbursts of words I can’t type here along with a few offers to “make the bird disappear”...:bored:

Apparently, spies are able to secretly listen in on chat. They are now trying to figure out how to coax the contact call out of Remy on command to clear the room. :rofl:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hahahaha. My kids do the exact same thing while playing games. Their online overseas friends have taken to calling my bird the murder bird.......some say it sounds like he is being murdered others say it sounds like he is murdering someone and some of them say they want to murder him for the ringing in their ears.

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
My birds have long been the scourges of Battlefield. There may be some of the same people with a price on our birds heads!
This was the first time that someone’s sound set up caused it to echo back over all the headsets repeatedly. Lol

Remy probably did some other parents a favor as well. I imagine they play with the volume a little lower now.