1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

THE SCARIEST FREAKING STORY EVER CONTEST VOTING

Discussion in 'Contest Corner' started by Macawnutz, 11/1/16.

?

Please choose your 2 favorite stories

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

11. 11

12. 12

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Gone Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    contest.png

Sponsored By

CFBT.jpg

You may choose your 2 favorite stories.
    Story with the most votes will be the winner.

r9arqf8k7v29cgypyop3.jpg

"The creature" by Kumo.

It was there again, intruding as always. In the dim morning light, it creeps closer and closer, before settling in front of my vision.
    It croaks some odd chirp and begins to slowly open my home's front door.
    I give it my best complaint as the door creaks open but it doesn't seem to understand.

As I rush to back away from the creature, it suddenly grabs my food storage and retreats. 'It wants to steal from me?' I wonder.
    As I begin to settle, the thieving intruder returns and this time goes for my bathing area. "How rude!" I beep in its direction, upset. But it just makes a short noise and replies "I'm just changing your water, silly."
    I ruffle my feathers and turn away, frustrated with it.

The thief returns a short time later, baring with it my stolen goods. But my bathing area is now clean, and my food supply is replenished. I glance warily at the thing one last time before going back to take what's mine. As I munch on my breakfast, stealing glances at the thief nearby, I make sure to put on my best glare and emit a threatening screech. The creature makes the same short noise and shakes its odd head feathers. "You're such a silly boy" it says, before retreating. I puff up proudly at successfully demonstrating who's the boss here, and go back to my breakfast.

I still make sure to let this strange thing know regularly who's home this is, and give it a intimidating glare as it takes my things each morning. Even if sometimes it offers a strange golden delicacy known as "millet", I'm still wary of it..

Growing up, I remember my mother had always had that bird. She called him Paolo. He was always on her arm, cooking, talking on the phone, in the garden. It was kind of weird now that I think about it, she talked to him like he was this little human, and oddly enough, he talked back. They were really in sync, you know? We just accepted it. It was funny though, I was always afraid of him. He guarded her and never let any of us near. You couldn't even give her a hug, he would just look at you and you were always afraid that he would attack. She was his world.
    I remember when I would come home from school I could see him looking through the upstairs window waiting for mom to get home from work. He was always in that window just waiting for her.
    Coming back to this house after all these years I thought I could forget. But some things you just can't. I thought I could just walk in there, maybe start my family in that house, but I swear I hear him calling her. And that window...I always look up at that window.

"The thing"

I lay on the couch, watching TV when the radio bursts into action. "Winged Beast on the loose! stay inside for your own safety!" I turned off the radio. Nonsense. There couldn't be some beast in this town. All of a sudden my home shook. And shook. Then the windows cracked and burst open. I couldn't believe what I saw. This "beast" was outside my home. Trying to break in. I couldn't see that beast. it was too dark. It screeched and stretched its hideous, dark wings. I ran to the basement. It would be safe there, I told myself. The house shook. The wall burst open and that hideous beast flew in, lunging right at me. That's when i got my look at that horrible "thing". It opened its massive beak and showed its beady, red eyes. It was coming closer. Then, it disappears. The walls aren't broken. The windows are intact. I don't hear screaming or see a massive beast. I hear croaking and feel slime drip down on me. I look up and see that hideous beast, but it's not hideous. It's a bird or so it wants me to think at least. It stretches its wide beak and closes it around me. All I can see is darkness. I look around. And then I realize I am in my bed, and it was a dream.

"Fruitflies"

It was just me, me and my sister.
    We were having the greatest time playing on our boing and branches- chewing on really colorful stuff and
    dancing for a misty bath. Our grandpa Spike was sitting at the highest branch, one foot pulled up against his body and one eye open as he watched us play.

We were just enjoying ourselves after the mist had stopped, and pecked at food on the ground.
    Pepper suddenly bolted for a branch, her feathers slimmed down so much that she looked like a completely different bird! I squawked and ran after her, clumsily
    bumping my wing on the weird web that the flatfaces kept us in. We both froze, slimmed down and our hearts pounded.
    Spike stopped grinding his beak to stare.

And then it came.

A horrible, scary thing flew around in our strange square web
    it flew past my beak, and then Pepper's

Pepper hissed, eyes big, and jumped up to join Spike. I followed.
    The scary black dot followed, and then it was gone.

We never saw it again... and will never forget it.

- Pikachu

//Based on their experience with a fruit fly while in their outside cage :lol:

The names have been changed to protect the innocent. The real name used at the end was definitely guilty!:rolleyes:

The Backwards Borderline

Atinad placed the little round golden nugget in the wheel well of her car. She threw her head back and laughed like the Banshe she was! Her plan was working she opened the car door, got in and placed the keys into the ignition. Gravel flew in the air as she squealed wheels heading toward her target. She smiled and her yellow, broken teeth actually shined in the moonlight!

Sniggih heard the bleep before he saw the green light on the computer screen. He shivered and thought, "Here we go again! We are going to get this witch this time, Eh?" He pushed his intercom button that connected him with the other border patrol officers. "Meerpuz, Eetyak, Spot and Snosirrah, her bleep just appeared on the GPS scanner! Be ready as she is heading our way! "

All five border patrol officers actually shivered! They had to catch Atinad this time! She was taking the eggs across the border one by one. Who knows when she would stop, how many were already outside of Canada? Would they hatch at one time and take over the United STates?

Sniggih picked up the sealed bottle with the little round egg case in it. It was strange looking and had many different colors and a rough surface. The scientist did not know as yet what was inside but they were getting close!
    Bleep, Bleep, BLEEP! She was getting closer!

Atinad, pushed her foot to the floor and the purple car roared toward the Canadian and United States borderline. Her ratty blond hair was a tangled mess that whipped her face as she drove. Her blue eyes were green tonight because she had changed prescriptions on her contact lenses. Cheap lenses! She looked at herself in the mirror and laughed screechingly! It sounded like one of those macaw parrots with the long tails. She clicked her yellow teeth together and was grinding her jaw. Soon, one more nugget would be over the Borderline.
    She hummed, "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind
    You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline!" Again the parrot screech!
    She slowed down and got in the shortest line at the borderline. She was car #13, her unlucky number. "Damn it!" she screeched! She was hoping to ride up to the officer and sail on through, over the" Borderline. Keep on pushing me baby
    Don't you know you drive me crazy
    You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline."
    THe patrol officers watched her purple car approach. Their bodies were shaking and they did not want to have eye contact with this banshee! They had heard she could turn you into a pile of feathers if you looked into her eyes!
    Atinad was next up. So far no cars were pulled over. This could be good news. Maybe they were letting everyone through. She tapped her sharp finger nails on the steering wheel and giggled to herself. Spit dribbled down her chin and plopped into her caramel macchiato. Yummy!!
    Sniggih called all borderline patrol officers to his booth. THey formed a circle around her car and asked for her passport and license. Slowly she looked at each officer, willing them to have eye contact with her."Something in your eyes is makin' such a fool of me"
    She sang, "When you hold me in your arms you love me till I just can't see
    But then you let me down, when I look around, baby you just can't be found
    Stop driving me away, I just wanna stay,
    There's something I just got to say." Meerpuz could feel his head turning in her direction. "No! He could not look at her eyes! No, no! Ahhhhhh!!!!! " Poofff! A pile of green and yellow feathers rained down over the other officers. Their eyes were like saucers! Eetyak dropped his gun and took off running!
    Atinad laughed her parrot laugh and flapped her arms up and down "Buck, buck, buck!! You chicken, Hahahaha!!"
    Captain Snosirrah arrived at Border Patrol and turned his head from the bansee's eyes. He stuck his hand out for her passport and license. She flung open her Gucci purse and handed over the cards. "The Captain ordered her to pull over to the side. Atinad pounded her clawed fist on the steering wheel. "Rawkkkk!! Not again! You will never find my nugget eh?! Hahahaha, Hello!"
    She squeeled wheels and pulled up to the building and got out of the car. There was a wood log that she walked over too and perched her butt on.
    The remaining officers began to tear the car apart. They new the egg was there somewhere. Sniggih popped the trunk and lifted the spare tire out.
    A brilliant light blinded them, it surrounded the egg.
    Capt Snosirrah looked over at the banshee. Blue feathers were coming out of her clothes! She held one between her lips! WTH! He took an evidence bag and placed the egg in it. "We've got proof now! You are under arrest!
    Atinad started screeching, "No, no! Don't touch my golden nugget!! It's mine, all mine!" she flapped her arms and flew at the officers. The Capt dropped the evidence bag and ran for his life. The other offcers followed!
    Atinad, squatted down and picked the golden nugget up in her toes. She bent her lips and began to eat it. "These are not eggs you fools! They are my strength food! You will never stop me! " Squalkkkkk!!!
    Danita blinked and jumped in her seat! She had her hand in the Lafeber's Nutriberries container again and was crunchimg on one in her mouth! "Gawd! I need a break! I need a nap! As she walked to her bedroom a few blue feathers were left in her wake. She sang, "Just try to understand, I've given all I can,
    'Cause you got the best of me:wacky:

me and my brother were home alone in the trailer during a storm i looked out the door and saw the wind blowing into it i walked across the trailer and the wind had changed directions a whole 180 degrees we got a call from a neighbor checking on us as a tornado went by and flipped a trailer across the street a true but scarry

THE VOICE -

I don't know when it started. The voice, that is.

At first I tried to convince myself that it was all in my head, but the longer it went on, the clearer and scarier it got. It has gotten so bad that I can't even sleep at night.

As I lay in bed, the deep male voice calls out to me, "Hello". I pull the blankets over my head, in attempts to hide from the voice. But it doesn't fool him, he knows I'm still there. "Come here", he says, trying to lure me into the shadows. "Come here", he repeats himself. I don't move a muscle.

I try to block out the voice, but it doesn't work. "What are you doing?" He asks me. I ignore him.

That is what happens, every night. Sometimes I cry out, demanding he tell me what he wants with me. He never answers.

Since I can't sleep at night, I usually get my sleep from naps during the day. Today my nap is cut short, as my neighbor in the apartment right next to me has invited me over for lunch. I've only ever made small talk with her, but she seems nice enough.

I walk over to her door, and she invites me in. Her apartment is cute, decorated with flowers and paintings of songbirds. We sit at her kitchen table and enjoy sandwiches as we get to know each other.

As we are talking, I hear it. The deep voice, the one that keeps me up terrified at night. "Hello", it says. I freeze, and a look of horror must have come over my face.

The woman seems confused by my reaction, and goes on to say "Don't mind him, that is just Thomas, my grey parrot. He talks all day and night!"

I turn around and see the parrot in his cage, right against the wall that separates my bedroom from her apartment. Ah. It all makes sense.

Now I can sleep at night. I still hear the voice, but it doesn't scare me anymore. I often whistle back to it, or respond with "Hi Thomas!".

His Sweet Dove

Coo.

He lay listlessly on the couch, his mind and body numb. He knew that something was wrong. He should have listened to her, believed her. He should have saved her. But it is now too late. He drifts back to that day. A young man had patted his arm, the police officer that had found her body. His eyes were wet, his cheeks damp with tears as he watched them lower his sweet daughter, his little dove, into the Earth's cold embrace.

Coo.

The bird is enough to drag him from his inner turmoil. He decides to go to where she had last been seen. His thoughts stray from him in the car. When they had found her body, he had felt disbelief lapping at his ankles. It rose steadily as it turned into guilt which soon threatened to drown him. He knows she wouldn't have left voluntarily, wouldn't have taken her own life. He began his own investigation as the police no longer consider it of their concern.

Coo.

The call comes again through the open window as he nears the place. It has been three weeks since his daughter became paranoid. She constantly looked over her shoulder, peered out of the windows. She told him that there was a man hanging around her school. The man had asked her out but she had turned him down - he was much too old for a teenage girl. That was when he started to follow her, turning up everywhere. When had he become a person who blamed a victim for giving the man the wrong idea?

Coo!

The sound causes shivers to rack through his body as he leaves the car - it is ominous now, frantic, a warning to flee. What he is looking for, he has no idea. Anything, anything to find the truth. He loses track of time until, hidden beneath a thorned bush, he sees something glinting in his torch beam. The jaggered thorns etch bloody lines into his flesh. It is her cellphone and diary! The call log is full of blood curdling messages, all from a single number. He starts flipping through the diary. Each entry rips apart his heart like a riptide through a coral reef. Her fear is now his.

Cooo!

He spins around at the final warning from the bird. He is too slow. He is too close. The same young man from the funeral is circling him. He has a feral smirk, his eyes goading the man. The case had been in this police officer's hands. He taunts the older man about how what a wonderful plaything his daughter had been. The man tries to run. He makes it to the forest, tripping over roots and with the sardonic laughter of the officer ringing in his ears. The branches snatch at his legs. He falls to the earth, vines entangling his feet. The man appears from nowhere, his face masked in shadows. The father is paralysed, his movements nothing compared to the blurred blade the young man slashes at him. He lies on the floor, his life soaking the ground beneath him. He listens to the cooing of the bird. The call enfolds him in a blanket of peace, one thought on his mind: soon he will be reunited with his sweet, little dove.

True story.........

It was a cold winters night everyone but me was sleeping
    My son was just 5 months old and sleeping soundly in his crib
    As I lay in bed wishing for sleep listening to my then bf snorting away
    I heard a baby start to cry. It was not my son so I thought I would be nice and
    Check on my roommates son as I got up I heard what I thought was a young child running down the hallway
    We have no walking children in the house and nether does upstairs
    I check on roommates son and he is sound asleep I thought good he went back to sleep
    I walk back down the hall and climbed back I to bed as soon as I got in more crying got up and still hearing the crying
    Went into roommates sons room and he was sound asleep but I still heard crying but I could not figure out where it was coming from
    I went back to my room scared to death laying there
    Woke up the bf and told him what had happened he told me it was a dream and he went back to sleep
    The crying stopped about 2 min later I fell asleep for maybe 30 min then all of the sudden my son woke up screaming like I have never heard him do I picked him up and was walking to get him a bottle and I heard a small child's laughter turned around and saw nothing I was so scared I fed him and sat on the couch holding him as he slept I could not sleep.... nothing more happened that night but in the morning I got my son's bath ready and when I undressed him he had a bite mark on his foot like someone had put his foot in their mouth and bit him and it was little teeth like a toddlers ....
    That day I went upstairs to see if they heard anything they said no and I told them what happened and they had told me that the people that lived there before them had a toddler that had drowned in the bath tub...................I moved out very soon after that

True story....

It was a pleasant fall day. I used to be a pet sitter, so I was walking 2 dogs, a tiny chihuahua and a portly Puggle. I walked them in the same area everyday. It was a paved trail behind my subdivision with farm land on one side and a forested area on the other side. I rarely saw anyone on this trail other than squirrels and an occasional deer. I had walked about half a mile in and was just about to come up to a stream that the dogs liked to play in. I saw a shadow of something to my left so I glanced off into the farm field expecting to see a hawk or maybe a deer. Instead I saw a creature, some thing standing off in the field maybe 200 yards away. It's body was hairless with tan spotted skin and it stood on 4 trunk-like legs. I saw no head, but a long flowing tail. My first instinct was to run, but I knew I wouldn't get far with these 2 little dogs. The thing didn't see me yet, so I scooped up both dogs and walked as fast as I could. My hope was that the dogs wouldn't notice anything and would keep quiet. I walked about 10 yards before I came across a dog leash abandoned on the trail. I started to walk faster and glanced back after a while and saw a large dog on the trail. A big fluffy grey dog, certainly nothing like the thing I saw. I picked up my pace and at this point was doing everything I could to keep the little dogs calm and quiet. I passed a pile of clothes and shoes on the trail and glanced back again and the dog was gone. I put the dogs down since I was exhausted at this point and we calmly walked to the point in the trail where I could see houses again. I glanced back once again and less than 200 yards away was a unusually large coyote. I scooped up the dogs and started running to the closest house with the coyote slowly following me. I got to the nearby house and wasn't really sure what to do. I stood there and waited for the coyote to come out of the trail, but instead of the coyote out comes a man. He came out of the trail at the same pace the coyote was traveling and looked right at me, turned around and headed back into the forested area. I took a 3 mile detour to get home, carrying the tired dogs for most of the way. I never went back to that trail again.

Gurgle, Tick, Tick, Gurgle….

By Bebe

In my former house there wasn’t this strange noise every night. But I moved to new home, now there is this strange noise, every night. Gurgle, tick, tick gurgle. I first heard it late at night, the house was dark and my new mama had went to bed. Gurgle, tick, tick, gurgle. I hissed at it. She got up and I saw her shadow move across my cage. I whistled at the shadow, she softly told me to go back to sleep. Ok mama.

Later in the night, it started again softly at first, gurgle, tick, tick, gurgle then a bang. I got scared and moved to the back of my cage. It was happening a lot. Why doesn’t it wake up my adopted sister Sweet Pea. She can sleep thru anything. All night gurgle, tick, tick gurgle & a bang. In the morning I was crabby and tried to bite mama. Mama opened up the windows cause the apartment was hot. She feeds us breakfast at about 9:30am, I didn’t eat any of it, too grumpy.

The next night same thing all night long, gurgle, tick, tick, gurgle but no more bangs. I can’t sleep with all that noise. Gurgle, tick, tick gurgle ; Gurgle tick, tick, gurgle; Gurgle, tick, tick, gurgle; Gurgle, tick, tick, gurgle. I wish those ghosts would find another place to hang out other then our living room. Our white noise thing broke and mama is trying to get a replacement.

Then for several nights there was no noises, cool, our ghosts left the building. I got my sleep and came out to play with mama and say hi to Sweet Pea. She is still afraid of me though so I am taking it slow. It’s nice to have those ghosts gone.

Last night it was back, the strange noise, gurgle, tick, tick ,gurgle. Those ghosts have hungry tummies. I leave food out for them, but the mama person vacuums every night before we go to bed. So they don’t get anything to eat. Every night it’s the same gurgle, tick, tick, gurgle.

Sweet Pea here: I tried to explain to the Bebe that noise he is so afraid of, is the heat pipes, that keep us warm in the winter. Nothing to be so afraid of. Gurgle, tick, tick, Gurgle, gurgle tick, tick, gurgle. Sadistic laugh……..

This obviously isn't a true story, but oh well. I tried lol.

That October Night

It was a late October night, around 11:00, as I trudged through the forest. "Max!" I called as loudly as I could. My voice seemed to echo, then fade away into the darkness. Max was my dog. I was bringing him in for the night, when he darted after a rabbit into the woods. He meant so much to me, I couldn't just leave him out there all night. I followed him until I lost track and became lost myself. Being my forgetful self, I left my flashlight at home. The moon was the only thing to illuminate my path. The trees twisted in the dim lit night and I felt like I had gone in circles for hours. I heard faint barks every now and then, but the sounds bounced off every nearby tree. The sounds were coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. After how long I had been searching fruitlessly, I barely even felt alive anymore. The only thing that made me feel like something was my small cloud of breath in the cold air.. I heard barking again. Hardly any closer, but I still couldn't tell where it was coming from. I sighed with frustration and the foggy cloud grew, then faded away. I sat for a moment, just to watch the cloud grow and fade again and again. Barking again, but this time with a howl following it. It didn't sound like a dog. It didn't even sound like an animal. I held my breath to try and concentrate on the sound. There was a cracking sound near me, like something walking...The fog disappeared as I stopped breathing for a moment. And in those moments, as I peered in front of me without breathing at all, I slowly watched the fog form in front of me. I soon came to the terrifying realization that I was not the only creature searching on that October night.

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Good luck to everyone that entered!

CallieCadmoor and Macawnutz like this.
  3. CallieCadmoor

CallieCadmoor Sprinting down the street

Good luck everyone! Love the stories!:fairy:

Macawnutz likes this.
  4. Clueless

Clueless Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Hard to decide!

CallieCadmoor likes this.
  5. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Elaine
    That was hard to narrow down to 2.

CallieCadmoor, Macawnutz and Clueless like this.
  6. Eloy

Eloy Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    Done! :)

7. Clueless

Clueless Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Totally agree....

8. Sylvi_

Sylvi_ Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Sylvi
    Good luck everyone!! :cheer:

CallieCadmoor likes this.
  9. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Not bad! Good Luck everyone!

It would have been nice to enter & brush up on my writing but alas I am living my own nightmare of cancer...the story is still to unfold.

10. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Gone Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
  11. Faolan

Faolan Jogging around the block

Nohea
    Voted
    hard to pick!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)