• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The more I see that bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
The more I love him! :heart: It's been such a wonderful experience as Yoshi becomes more comfortable with me, and show more of his sweet goofy self. :) He has a new habit of putting his beak to your nose when you talk to him and staring directly at you. He likes cuddling more than head scritches so far, and likes to have his cheeks and right under his beak gently rubbed. He also just loves to climb around and play with everyone. He's a lot less wobbly than last time, though he still needs a little help and stumbles sometimes. Yoshi's a lot less obsessed with being fed than last time, and did pretty well with stepping up. The breeder's going to start harness training soon, which I intend to keep up.

Yoshi will be ready to come home in about ten days. :D

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Kelsey this is so exciting for you, I am so happy for you. Gosh 10 days...it will go by quickly!!:hug8:

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Kelsey this is so exciting for you, I am so happy for you. Gosh 10 days...it will go by quickly!!:hug8:
Thank you! :D I am very excited! I'm so impatient to take him home, but at the same time I know he has to be fully weaned.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thank you! :D I am very excited! I'm so impatient to take him home, but at the same time I know he has to be fully weaned.
Oh I know the feeling all too well. I had to wait for Carlos to be weaned to bring him home. :) I would still buy some handfeeding formula though if I were you. You might enjoy giving him some comfort feedings when he gets home. Or some warm mashed sweet potato or some organic baby food. :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
So exciting!! He sounds adorable. Can't wait for you to bring Yoshi home and barrage us with photos!!! :D

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee

Oh I know the feeling all too well. I had to wait for Carlos to be weaned to bring him home. :) I would still buy some handfeeding formula though if I were you. You might enjoy giving him some comfort feedings when he gets home. Or some warm mashed sweet potato or some organic baby food. :hug8:
Afie had a couple comfort feedings after she first came home. We bought a whole big bag of the powder and she only wanted like two feedings. xD I'm going to ask the breeder about comfort feedings for him before I take him home, and we always have sweet potato on hand.

Thanks for the advice!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
awesome!!! I can't wait to hear more about him!:hug8:

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
So exciting!! He sounds adorable. Can't wait for you to bring Yoshi home and barrage us with photos!!! :D
:lol:I do tend to take tons of photos- mainly because I'm a terrible photographer (not being modest, I'm really very bad) and I need to to get a couple decent ones. :hehe:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay,how exciting! It will be time for him to come home,before you know it.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Yay. Enjoy your Hansie Yoshi.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8::heart::hug8::dance4::dance4::dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.