• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The mango meister has joined in the screech-fest

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Though Kraz and Aurélie are both first-rate screamers and live to shriek at each other across the hallway, Taco and Kamara have always been very quiet and well-mannered. Of course they always join in the Dawn Chorus and they like to chat, but their hollers are few and far between.

But Taco has decided now that he's joining in, and man does that ever mean a lot from a macaw. That boy can break sound barriers.

I don't think it's a case of boredom so much as a case of "my environment is loud so I'm going to be LOUDER". I think I'm going to be deaf or evicted before the year is out. :rolleyes:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I feel you. Since Puffin has come into our lives, Buzz has begun to enjoy responding to her. And heaven forbid hubby or Luv Bug leave the room without her! She starts fussing and every time Buzzard replies they get louder and louder. :confused: Our lease is up in May; hopefully we can find something a little more free-standing.

We've been lucky so far; we don't have any Dawn Chorus, though Buzzard can get fussy until he gets to "help" me make birdie breakfast and getting their "cereal" (pellets). :rolleyes: Then I have to feed him first or he'll steal the almonds out of the other birds' bowls. :smuggrin: