• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Jackdaws and the evil cat

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
So, last night the jackdaws that roost in front of my window lost it. They were all making noises I had never heard before, and frankly those noises were quite scary had I not known it was them making those noises! It was too dark to see what was going on so I let it be. Then this morning I heard them do it again. I rushed to the window to investigate. There were a few jackdaws on the ground making those noises and they were all circling towards something I could not see. I moved outside, and saw it was a cat, the most Scrappy cat I have ever seen. He didn’t react to me calling him and crossed the road and went into an alley. Guess what, the jackdaws followed him. They sat on the walls surrounding the alley calling to him and running with him as he moves. I don’t know why they hate this cat so much! He doesn’t look like he was able to catch one of them. I am interstellaire to see how their hate affair with this cat develops:D I also want to find out where this cat came from, I know pretty much all the cats in the neighborhood but never saw him, and it seemed like he was limping a bit with his back legs:chin:

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
If I were a bird and I could , I would definitely want to drive away any kind of predator from my territory. I'm not afraid of snakes , but I sure wouldn't want a rattlesnake cruising around in my yard. As far as the cat goes, we have people dumping and abandoning cats out here often

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor cat. I hope he is not sick or injured. :( Have you seen him since?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
So, last night the jackdaws that roost in front of my window lost it. They were all making noises I had never heard before, and frankly those noises were quite scary had I not known it was them making those noises! It was too dark to see what was going on so I let it be. Then this morning I heard them do it again. I rushed to the window to investigate. There were a few jackdaws on the ground making those noises and they were all circling towards something I could not see. I moved outside, and saw it was a cat, the most Scrappy cat I have ever seen. He didn’t react to me calling him and crossed the road and went into an alley. Guess what, the jackdaws followed him. They sat on the walls surrounding the alley calling to him and running with him as he moves. I don’t know why they hate this cat so much! He doesn’t look like he was able to catch one of them. I am interstellaire to see how their hate affair with this cat develops:D I also want to find out where this cat came from, I know pretty much all the cats in the neighborhood but never saw him, and it seemed like he was limping a bit with his back legs:chin:
Our blue jays and crows will do that to predators that come into their territory, four legged and even hawks. I feel sorry for the kitty, it sounds like he was dumped and is injured.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Our blue jays and crows will do that to predators that come into their territory, four legged and even hawks. I feel sorry for the kitty, it sounds like he was dumped and is injured.
Our mockingbird are like that. Sitting on the porch, I noticed all kinds of animals running into the woods, heard some screeching, then saw those same animals running out. A couple of mockingbirds emerged proudly, so, of course, I went to check it out. An injured cat was lying there bleeding from multiple bird wounds! Apparently, the animals wanted to watch the fight but wanted nothing to do with it.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
An injured cat was lying there bleeding from multiple bird wounds!
How sad. :depressed: I hope that cat was okay as well, and hopefully learned to stay away from the mockingbirds!

Reactions: LSA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I hope that cat was okay as well, and hopefully learned to stay away from the mockingbirds!
Considering that I took it to the local police station and our nearest vet or animal protection service is 20 minutes away and probably wouldn't have done anything anyway, I doubt it got any help beyond my Kwik Stop. Cats (& people) and mockingbirds disagree regularly here. What makes a cat think he stands a chance??? Even the wild animals know to avoid them.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Around here, even the other birds avoid them! It's usually young children playing or house animals that get out that don't know better YET!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
At least you had the Kwik Stop. Thank you for doing something for him. :hug8:

Reactions: LSA