• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Greening of the flying room

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
yay! your windmill palms are great!! :dance4::dance4:
"Free eats here" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
are pics 1 and 2 windmills too?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
friendly too - she rolled over for me to scratch her tummy like the dogs!!

I think she was looking for Mr Whiskers - he adopted us a few months ago and lives in the chicken/goat/duck yard

(I swear there is a sign on my house that says - 'Free Eats Here!')

I think I could dig up a couple, they grow pretty fast and it would be a nice start anyway ;)

Home Depot is on my list for next week too :D

Very nice Gg!!:highfive:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Awesome! We don't get dragonflies until summer but it seems spring has already been here since the beginning of the month. Winter just came and gone like a flash; almost didn't notice it this year, really, really strange. :eek: :cool10:
The dryest and warmest winter on record ffor the Maritimes! Crazy!! Altho every year we get hit with a St patty's Day storm... Last year we had ALL of the snow and ice melted off our patio and them BAM 3 ft of snow 2 days later!

ok Rhapis palm is soft :dance4:

Titanis, I saw bugs in the front of the house-a dragonfly :dance4: Spring is coming :yah:
I had my first small spider crawl on me tonight!!!:omg::omg:

here's a pic of the spikes on my teenager size pygmy :hehe:
View attachment 20183

The adult I have planted outside is a killer to trim :eek:

Pretty Palm though :D
OUCH!!!!

I'll have to look at the type opf palms I used to keep - had to get rid of them because Oliver kept eating the leaves... dang cat! :lol:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Awesome! We don't get dragonflies until summer but it seems spring has already been here since the beginning of the month. Winter just came and gone like a flash; almost didn't notice it this year, really, really strange. :eek: :cool10:
that's because you sent it here! we had snow for the first time in 18 years :lol:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
The dryest and warmest winter on record ffor the Maritimes! Crazy!!
Same here. Actually, pretty much the entire eastern half of Canada, meaning everywhere east of Manitoba where the vast majority of the population lives, has experienced a winter with less precipitation (of all types), warmer average temps and a shorter season overall. There might be some exceptions but that's the picture I'm getting, generally speaking. So, most of the adverse conditions of intense cold and record snowfalls have been largely south of the border this year. :shrug:

that's because you sent it here! we had snow for the first time in 18 years :lol:
Snow? What snow?? :D

Love your kitty, BTW. Silver mackerel tabby?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Same here. Actually, pretty much the entire eastern half of Canada, meaning everywhere east of Manitoba where the vast majority of the population lives, has experienced a winter with less precipitation (of all types), warmer average temps and a shorter season overall. There might be some exceptions but that's the picture I'm getting, generally speaking. So, most of the adverse conditions of intense cold and record snowfalls have been largely south of the border this year. :shrug:

Snow? What snow?? :D

Love your kitty, BTW. Silver mackerel tabby?
thanks! I thought she was pretty!!!
I imagine she belongs somewhere in the neighborhood - she was outside when I went to take pics and rolled over for a tummy rub

we have a black tom that adopted us several months ago - I feed him and he suns in the pen with the goat and chickens

I have never gotten any closer than 3-4 feet from him, at least he doesn't run off when I show up with food anymore

and snow - look here::cool1:

http://forums.avianavenue.com/around-neighborhood/13614-omg-snowed-here-today.html

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

That's what I've heard them called!! Couldn't remember :p

thanks Carole, after looking up native palms, I think that is what they are

You are both welcome. Thing about them that is weird, like Martine said something about them poking out of the yard, or wherever..I have seen them stay in this stage for seemingly ever, not growing. It may be because they keep getting hacked by the lawnmower, and have to keep growing back. Tough little plants, , they seem to have a sawtooth edge.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Foxtail Palm!! How can i forget my all time favorite Palm!!

Saw one today in Target :p

Just saying! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.