• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Green Jeans Twins

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I know I don't post about these two very often, so I thought I would share pictures of them that I took this weekend after they got a bath. These two are literally the sweetest birds I have ever met. They love everyone they meet...probably a little too much if you get my drift!:)

Cooper is on the left and Wylee is on the right...they are biological brothers, about five years apart. They are best buddies too! Cooper still amazes me, it's been about seven years since he was first diagnosed with an inoperable mass in his lower abdomen. We never dreamed he'd still be with us and he keeps amazing us!

IMG_1844.JPG

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:xflove:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're so cute!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Beauties!!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good lookin' boys! I love the contrast between feather and beak color. So striking!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
They look wonderful! Male Ekkies are so much more docile than the females. My little boy Sergei let me put his harness on the first day we got it and we go out nearly every day. But Lucy still won't let me get near her with it. We try every day and she watches Sergei come running over as soon as he sees the harness (he loves going to the park), but she's having no part of it! Maybe by next spring she'll be comfortable enough and can join us outdoors!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:swoon:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
They look wonderful! Male Ekkies are so much more docile than the females. My little boy Sergei let me put his harness on the first day we got it and we go out nearly every day. But Lucy still won't let me get near her with it. We try every day and she watches Sergei come running over as soon as he sees the harness (he loves going to the park), but she's having no part of it! Maybe by next spring she'll be comfortable enough and can join us outdoors!
Yes, the males do seem to be more laid back and the females can be really pushy. I've known a few people who have really, really sweet females but I've heard they can be terrors too. Of course, I've heard of some males being really crabby as well and mine couldn't be any sweeter...of course they only have one thing on their mind constantly...well two probably...eating and mating!:)