• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly About Green Aracaris

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Carole. I will admire Aracaris parrots from afar. :)

lovie lunatic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Noah
You have a beautiful bird. And just out of curiosity was she expensive?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
I live with 2 and they are the most enchanting creature I've had the privilege to spend my life with
I can't think of a bad thing to say about them except the extra cleanup which birds Are messy no mater what.. The are inquisitive lovable endearing smart Playful
I would say the biggest drawback is making sure that they have fresh cut up fruit daily and keeping an eye and their diet is they can't die very easy if you don't feed them the right food
I truly adore my Elliot and Oliver never a day goes by that I don't feel so blessed to have them

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Question- we try and have another bird of the same species around for our parrots so if we adopt one Eclectus I will try and adopt another even if they aren't cage mates they have another of their species around. Are these guys solo birds? I don't see many of you who have more then one or have any who share the same outside of the cage time or aviary when they outside. Is there a reason for this besides the fact that they kill small rodents in the wild are you afraid they will hurt each other? Thank You

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
You have a beautiful bird. And just out of curiosity was she expensive?
Hello, Pico is a boy. You can tell this by the black head and longer beak.
Here is a female for comparison

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Question- we try and have another bird of the same species around for our parrots so if we adopt one Eclectus I will try and adopt another even if they aren't cage mates they have another of their species around. Are these guys solo birds? I don't see many of you who have more then one or have any who share the same outside of the cage time or aviary when they outside. Is there a reason for this besides the fact that they kill small rodents in the wild are you afraid they will hurt each other? Thank You
There are some people with multiple birds. But it is best to raise them from youngsters together, and have them unrelated or same sex. As well, these birds need a huge amount of room. Having two together in one cage, even if it's a macaw cage, would be cramped. They also kill small birds in the wild, so keep that in mind.

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Gosh they are soooooo stunning! One of my dream birds! I would need a bird room first though (AKA not in this house/possibly lifetime). Thanks so much for an awesome read! :)

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
There are some people with multiple birds. But it is best to raise them from youngsters together, and have them unrelated or same sex. As well, these birds need a huge amount of room. Having two together in one cage, even if it's a macaw cage, would be cramped. They also kill small birds in the wild, so keep that in mind.
Thanks I have seen one member on here who had them as a pairs in cages. But I haven't seen anyone else with pairs. I know the killing smaller birds. I don't own small birds. Though I would assume their flight and jumping around would annoy any of my other birds lol so I don't think theyd be safe outside of the cage with any of my flock. My female Eckie was the same way I guess Toucans are. She saw a small birds as things to be destroyed.

Last edited: