• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Girls at Play

santacruzjack

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jack
Dinah and Mia are SO HAPPY TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! We are absolutely OVERJOYED to see Dinah in a state of complete comfort and happiness. Before getting Mia, Dinah was always a little bit nervous, beak grinding was rare, naps almost impossible to see, and she could warm up to us and fall in love with scratches after a lot of patience but it always takes about 15 minutes to get her settled in comfortably with us and not nervous....

It's just great that they're happy and so far things are good. Here's some pictures of the little angels with their papa (Yours truly.)

dinahmia1.jpg dinahmia2.jpg dinahmia3.jpg

Dinah (the mauve) is comfortable being grabbed and LOVES to be scratched after a minute or two of patience, she will bite your fingers if you go in too fast! She's nervous about fingers! Mia (The creamino) is more "slippery" around fingers, she doesn't particularly like or dislike them, she'd just rather be somewhere else, maybe nibbling on them out of curiosity or burrowing into my palm for comfort and cuddles at most. Sometimes she likes scratches too, but not often. Be patient with your Linnies and they will be patient with you!

They're always together, in bliss, preening, eating, regurgitating... mating...................... the last two are sort of bittersweet as we're needless to say worried about the mating becoming excessive and chronic egg laying, but so far they've been keeping it... tame? It feels like we're parents scolding teenagers who are going too far....

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
That's so wonderful that they have each other now. They sound extremely happy and in love :)
And they look adorable to boot!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Linnies thrive when they have a cage mate as do most bird species.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Jack I love reading your description of the two feathered teenie bops. I could never touch my two Linnies. The species as a whole are known for hand shyness. Otherwise they are little sugarbabies.

santacruzjack

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jack
Jack I love reading your description of the two feathered teenie bops. I could never touch my two Linnies. The species as a whole are known for hand shyness. Otherwise they are little sugarbabies.
We're really quite blessed with how much we're able to handle them, I've seen many lone linnies in Japan that are comfortable with fingers and bonded to humans but they never seem to have cage-mates. Dinah and Mia are absolutely... amazing additions to the family. I really can't understate how happy and surprised I am with their behavior and attitude, they're some of the silliest birds I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with.

As I'm saying this Mia is nibbling on my earlobe and Dinah is preening the back of my neck.

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I'm jealous that your Linnies do so well with handling them! My boys are still afraid of my hands. How did you get them to become so affectionate?

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Your Linnies are pretty!

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
But, my boys are making progress. And even if they never want to touch my hands they are SO DARN CUTE! My daughter (7) is very fearful of everything. She gets that they are afraid and is respectful of that. As is my son. I have really good kids.