• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The finches

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
These and my pigeons are probably my favorite birds I’ve ever kept. Especially zebra finches, I love their beeps. My Java is hand tame and loves to play, but only 2 of my society finches and 1 zebra are hand tame. My tamest society is named Blondie, and the other one is a crested society named Jack.

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Your finches are very nice! I have not seen many people who still keep cut-throat finches.

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
I don’t see many people around where I live that keep them either, they’re wonderful little birds though so hopefully I can sell babies to nice homes and get more people interested in keeping them

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
I see we have another person in the Avenue who has a hand-tame Java finch! It’s a shame that they’re illegal in many states, they’re so much fun to watch and play with

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
They are! I still haven’t come up with a good name for this guy, he’s just barely starting to sing. His favorite food is broccoli and he loves to wear toy bells as a hat, it’s very cute

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
They are! I still haven’t come up with a good name for this guy, he’s just barely starting to sing. His favorite food is broccoli and he loves to wear toy bells as a hat, it’s very cute
Aww, that’s really cute! Mine is named Oguro, she hasn’t sung in the 2 and a half years I’ve had her so she’s definitely female, and her favorite is apples and mustard spinach. As for Oguro she likes playing with this toy that stuffed a wicker ball with paper streamers

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
Aww, that’s really cute! Mine is named Oguro, she hasn’t sung in the 2 and a half years I’ve had her so she’s definitely female, and her favorite is apples and mustard spinach. As for Oguro she likes playing with this toy that stuffed a wicker ball with paper streamers
That’s a unique name, what’s its origin? Or did you just come up with it yourself?