• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Excitable Kobe Chatting Up A Storm

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laugh: So adorable!

Wannabird2003

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen Z
Wow, cute. Maybe it is the influence of your other birds, but my Jade doesn't make that many noises in a month! She is ultra quiet with an occasional cluck or other little noise. Except when Mom is out of sight and not answering the brat bird. Then the annoying LOUD TWEET. TWEET, TWEET noise starts.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
One happy bird! Quite the talker. Adorable !

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
That's so cute. You can pick out some of his words. Dobby has some really funny whistles, sound affects, plus his announcing DOBBY! and Dobby good boy in my voice. He also loves to cat call whistle and waits for one of us to repeat it so we try to out whistle each other and change them up.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yeah, so could Nerd, Lurch, and Dobby. Lurch would happily cluck sorta chicken like and make erks and like that but he had a wicked loud jungle flock call he'd let out...BUUUWEEEEP! Lurch would get annoyed and start kacking, even with you right there till he got more comfortable, and lately Dobby starts kack...kack...kacking when he wants attention or we leave him, but he's usually pretty quiet.

hedylarue

Meeting neighbors
It's amazing how different he sounds from Kody! I wonder how influenced he is by the other birds. I got Kody when he was 10 so I haven't been able to teach him anything new, but his prior owners taught him a few things. The funniest thing he does when he's angry or super excited is talk in this weird gravelly voice and it sounds like he's swearing like a sailor! He says Good Boy quite a bit and Good Morning when he really wants my attention because he knows I love when he says that and I usually make a big fuss over it. Kobe seems so happy and comfortable!

And Kody does the dreaded Kacking noise too......luckily it's short lived but he does it briefly when something annoys him....and a lot of things annoy him...lol. He also makes the cutest coo noise when he's happy...and it always makes me so happy to hear that one!

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Thanks hedylarue! How long have you had Kody? Ha the awful Kacking noise... Kobe has decided to do it for quite a while each morning... he's teaching Bobbie to do it too. Sigh! Kobe does have a kind of gravelly Donald Duck voice as well.

Kobe learned to speak English before I got any of the Amazons so not influenced by them. In fact my budgie taught him to say "hello".