• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The End of the Road for Jacko and I...- Update Post #90

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss.

:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Grey_Moon

Meeting neighbors
Thank you everyone.

I miss her more than I have words for, but at the same time I am so happy for her not to be struggling anymore.

She went quickly and peacefully, she was break grinding and falling asleep in the oxygen chamber in the euthanasia room.
From there she was sedated and quickly was asleep relaxing in my arms.
Then she was anesthetized and given the injection...and then she was free and at peace.

She had a beautiful last day, plenty of banana and scrambled eggs and attention and quiet playtime on her favourite swing and with her favourite leather box toy. She was only minorly stressed on the car ride over, but the euthanasia room and oxygen was waiting for her so she calmed down quickly

I miss her so damn much, but I am so happy she died with me by her side and not in distress.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words. It is clear that she was truly loved.

MARILYN CEDENO

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marilyn
:sadhug:There are truly no words.. I'm so, so sorry. My heart breaks for you.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I miss her so damn much, but I am so happy she died with me by her side and not in distress.
But most happy for that is Jacko. They really need us their by their side and I'm so happy that you stayed with her.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
This breaks my heart.I'm so very sorry:sorrow:You did everything that You could for Jacko.Your love was felt by her and all of us.Fly healthy and happy Dear Sweet Jacko:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
There's nothing sadder than having to put a much loved companion creature to sleep, even if it is to prevent more suffering. It also takes a very caring and brave companion human to do so.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I will be keeping Jacko and you in my thoughts and send nothing but good thoughts out to you! I am worried for my little one... in the home he was born into the people smoked meth amphetamine while holding their birds (not to mention cigarettes). Jacko may surprise you...a lot has to do with the will to live and with you as her friend/mother/caregiver/companion... I'm sure she has no desire to go!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I will be keeping Jacko and you in my thoughts and send nothing but good thoughts out to you! I am worried for my little one... in the home he was born into the people smoked meth amphetamine while holding their birds (not to mention cigarettes). Jacko may surprise you...a lot has to do with the will to live and with you as her friend/mother/caregiver/companion... I'm sure she has no desire to go!
@Alien J Jacko passed away today :sad7:

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I am sorry for your loss. Jacko was loved and you did right by him every day. and at the end when it mattered most.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm so for your loss sorry, but glad for you both that her last days were so nice. Full of love, treats, happiness, and as free from suffering as possible.

A saying I heard that really stuck with me, "Better a day too early than a day too late." Wish I could remember where I heard it. But the feeling I get from her story, is there such a thing as saying goodbye at just the right time? I feel like you were able to do this.

:sadhug2:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Jacko passed away today :sad7:
OMG. I am so sorry. I don't know why I only get one page of a thread I chose to read sometimes. There was only one page of comments when I read the thread.

@Grey_Moon I can't begin to say how sorry I am for your loss (and my blunder). Jacko was very blessed to have you, as you were to have her. Don't let anyone tell you how long you should grieve. This is not something you can "get over". This is something you learn to cope with (and without). This is a different process for everyone. Take your time. Truly sorry.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: You and Jacko put up such a brave fight and you did right by her. It's such a hard choice you had to made. I'm so sorry you had to made it but grateful she died peacefully with you knowing she was loved.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so sorry for your loss! :sorrow:

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss. Jacko knew your love all the time she was with you and she knew you love as she crossed over the bridge. She's at peace now. I know you are hurting, but I pray peace will be yours also.