• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Eagles are back!

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
A few years back we had a couple of American Eagles nesting close by where I live. They had built their nest right by the road, like 20' off the road in a large tree on private property. I found them and was alone,other than the owners who's home was right across the road from the nest, in watching them. Then the crowd showed up and I would ride by maybe once a week and it was a zoo. When the chicks were just starting to learn to fly a major storm hit and blew nest from the tree, the chicks were OK and soon grew up and left after the local raptor rescue had stepped in and built a platform in a nearby tree and place them there for mom and pop to feed.

Earlier this year I noticed a new very large nest a bit south of the platform that they had built a smaller nest on. I had hope they were back but never saw them...until earlier this week and I drove by and there was a Eagle on a branch nearby the nest! I was out on my motorcycle today and rode by and this time the Eagle was IN the nest. I'd get some photos but my camera is a "Point and Shoot" and it'd look like a gnat.

I hope they have a brood going and there are no big storms this time...and thew Zoo stays away. I never stop but do slow down it's a small country road and I have a bit of respect for the owners who's land, and home, it is.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That is awesome! I'd love to see some pics too but it's not worth trespassing for!