• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The dynamic duo

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Amarillo and Iris. Iris hates the phone and kept trying to bite it. Please ignore ignore the cardboard on the left. Jon needs to break it down and move it to the basement.

IMG_0049.JPG

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Beautiful times 2!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
My dynamic duo after bath, can't get in same frame.....

MC
20170326_121632.jpg

And Secret drying in the sun in a wingdow..... hey, ones for sale in our auction!

20170326_121718.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is nice that they get along.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It is nice that they get along.
Getting along is probably too strong a word. Amarillo puts up with Iris but she is getting better at it:)

Clueless, MC and Secret are beautiful!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Getting along is probably too strong a word. Amarillo puts up with Iris but she is getting better at it:)

Clueless, MC and Secret are beautiful!

I was going to ask if they got along. :)
Shannon, YNA, and Casey, BFA, do NOT like one another.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do MC and Secret get along?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Do MC and Secret get along?
I'm too scared to try to put them together on the same stand. Closest they get together is in the shower. MC is on a pvc stand and Secret is on a crock (like a dog dish) at the same time and nobody tries to eat each other (or me) but I'm right there.

It's not worth the potential blood loss or a vet bill.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When Casey and Shannon were less than a year old we tried to have them hang out together but it never worked out. When Shannon came to live here when she was 16 1/2 yrs old I decided to not even chance it.
Agree that it is not worth a possible injury and/or vet bill.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I was going to ask if they got along. :)
Shannon, YNA, and Casey, BFA, do NOT like one another.
Iris is totally in love with Amarillo and can't be separated from her unless she's with Jon and even then, she can't decide who she loves more and is in a bit of turmoil after a bit. Ami is kind of funny. Sometimes she really likes being around Iris and sometimes it seems like Iris exhausts her. They are our two birds who are cageless because they are generally pretty good although Iris helped herself to some seed I had in a bag recently!:) Amarillo and Abigail don't get along so well but used to be able to be out together. Over the last year, Abs has been really mean to Ami and that's made Iris really crabby, so Iris goes after Abi. So, we have a bit of a triangle going on. We have Nibbles LCA too who just stays out of it all and thinks all three of the bigger girls are just nuts!:)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
When Casey and Shannon were less than a year old we tried to have them hang out together but it never worked out. When Shannon came to live here when she was 16 1/2 yrs old I decided to not even chance it.
Agree that it is not worth a possible injury and/or vet bill.
All of ours are fully flighted although, Abi and Ami are lazy and will only fly if they absolutely positively want or have to get somewhere. Nibbles and Iris like to fly. I don't worry too much about them interacting for the most part but do try to watch Iris with Abi and Abi with Ami. My biggest troublemaker is Tuchis TAG who likes to irritate everyone. He's tried to take on Iris a few times and she won't put up with him and he's finally met his match. I actually feel sorry for him and put her away when I let him out but then all he wants to do is spend the whole time out trying to bug her through the cage bars unless I put her in the bird room. Such a brat he can be sometimes!:)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Casey wanted to be friends with Shannon but Shannon kept going after him. Casey is generally a very good boy and doesn't bother the other birds. The one naughty thing he used to do when he got out of his cage on his own was remove the keys from the computer keyboard, never destroyed them, just removed them. No computer in the main bird room now. He is flighted but will stay on his cage. Shannon can not be trusted out and about without supervision.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is Tuchis jealous?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Yep, most of mine are stinkers in one way or another!:) They all live on the first floor of our house for now. I'm praying I get my bird room in the next year or so and then more of them will be able to stay out of their cages. For now, there is just too much for them to get into and the only two I trust without supervision are Iris and Amarillo. I'd probably let Addison out too but she likes to dive bomb Jon and ends up getting locked up. Recently, she's been taking to gnawing on our kitchen cabinets as well. Funny as she doesn't care much about all the wood I put in her cage!;)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Is Tuchis jealous?
Maybe a little but he's always been really strong minded. When I had to pick between him and his sister at the breeder, I told his breeder to give me the one who caused the most trouble...she definitely gave me the one who caused the most trouble. He was my first bird and every bird after him, he's caused problems with. The only bird in the house he gets along with is Kishka RB2 and it wasn't because they didn't fight at first but I think, because Kishka fought back but they eventually came to a truce that they are now really good friends. I can't let them out together without watching them like an eagle because they tag team things and manage to get into major trouble!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I trust Jake the Senegal and Casey the most. Red-bellied parrot Sophie is a very good girl but she likes to wander and would love to have the opportunity to bother her sister and not necessarily in a good way, although they shared a cage for many years.

Are you adding an extension or just creating a bird room from a room you already have? I would actually like to move to a larger place and have a larger room so that all the birds could be in one place or two nice sized bedrooms with a Jack and Jill bathroom.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I trust Jake the Senegal and Casey the most. Red-bellied parrot Sophie is a very good girl but she likes to wander and would love to have the opportunity to bother her sister and not necessarily in a good way, although they shared a cage for many years.

Are you adding an extension or just creating a bird room from a room you already have? I would actually like to move to a larger place and have a larger room so that all the birds could be in one place or two nice sized bedrooms with a Jack and Jill bathroom.
When we bought our current house, Jon convinced me that we could make it work because the basement walks out onto a huge backyard and we would have a lot of room to add on and I could design exactly what I wanted for my perfect bird room. We've been here about three years now and are no where near adding on and we have to be careful about how we do it because we don't want to do too much or we'll price ourselves right out of the neighborhood. Jon just got an inheritance though, so we are slowly putting together a plan but have a few things we need to get out of the way before we really start thinking about it and then we have to start with the architect and figure out what we even want to do. The house itself is only 1100 square feet and the kitchen drives me crazy and we only have a tiny bathroom on the second floor. So, it wouldn't just be a bird room we'd be adding...lots to think about, but the bird room is the most important!:)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So you like troublemakers? :D
I don't know...I love my little Tuchie Monster but I also absolutely love my Amarillo. She's literally the perfect bird! I have everything in between the two as well!:) Ugh...you might as well call me the crazy bird lady!:)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I don't know...I love my little Tuchie Monster but I also absolutely love my Amarillo. She's literally the perfect bird! I have everything in between the two as well!:) Ugh...you might as well call me the crazy bird lady!:)
There's a shirt for that.....