• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Crew

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

I thinks it's painfully ironic that I got him healthy enough to be able to act out. Here he is during his bath. View attachment 294258
What was his history prior to coming to you? He's such a pretty boy. It looks like he's blushing a little around his nares.. excited blushing? I don't envy you having to get him into the bath!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What was his history prior to coming to you? He's such a pretty boy. It looks like he's blushing a little around his nares.. excited blushing? I don't envy you having to get him into the bath!

I don't exactly have a dossier on him. I was told that he'd been left in a cage for at least 4 years. He has present when a previous owner fell down steps and broke her back. For the first year he was here, he would occasionally make horrific moaning sounds, like someone in agony, so I suspect that's true. I would say he's had a hard life.

He's blushing because he dislikes baths and is fired up. I have to be very vigilant to get him to the bath, even on a long stick.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I don't exactly have a dossier on him. I was told that he'd been left in a cage for at least 4 years. He has present when a previous owner fell down steps and broke her back. For the first year he was here, he would occasionally make horrific moaning sounds, like someone in agony, so I suspect that's true. I would say he's had a hard life.

He's blushing because he dislikes baths and is fired up. I have to be very vigilant to get him to the bath, even on a long stick.
Ohmygosh... how horrible for his owner! And sad that he was cage bound. He may have never been around other macaws and the the first year was an adjustment to all new surroundings, attention and freedom. No doubt he's asserting his new found dominance around a flock of females and one lone male. Is Harry viewed as competition for Petey? How do they react towards one another?

I figured he was blushing/fired up. It's a scary thing to transport him I'm sure. In the days Henry stayed fired up I would take a deep breath and a little dread to clean his area and cage. Food was the only positive even though he would stab his bowl.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Ohmygosh... how horrible for his owner! And sad that he was cage bound. He may have never been around other macaws and the the first year was an adjustment to all new surroundings, attention and freedom. No doubt he's asserting his new found dominance around a flock of females and one lone male. Is Harry viewed as competition for Petey? How do they react towards one another?

I figured he was blushing/fired up. It's a scary thing to transport him I'm sure. In the days Henry stayed fired up I would take a deep breath and a little dread to clean his area and cage. Food was the only positive even though he would stab his bowl.

Harry is no competition for anyone or anything: he's hyper alert and afraid of his own shadow, half the time. Hopefully, the shot will make a difference, and then I'll try to snap him out of any habitual aggression remaining.