• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Crew

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I had the birds out for a long time today. I have to rotate them, as they don't all play nicely.

Miss Morgan was full of P & V today, flying at me 3 times during her bath. I held a towel after the first two, as she hates them, but that didn't deter her. She weighed in at 474 g.
image.jpeg

Harry-boy playing independently. Hurrah!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Annie weighed in empty at almost 1400 g. and has young macaw ratty tail syndrome.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I know Daff's head is blurred, but I love her back coloration and patterning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The girls bicker like siblings in the backseat of a vacation-bound car, but they are buds. Annie usually backs off, chastised, while Daffer tells her to "step up."
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Beauties all...

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your gems! How about one pissed off look of Petey?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well they are pretty equally matched as long as they don't get deadly serious and your quietly supervising just in case everyone should be fine. Nerd and his brother Ferd lived in the same cage and only ever had one problem when somehow one of Nerds toenails got broken. Hard to say if they had a fight or he caught it on something while nobody was around. Nothing like it ever happened again and he survived fine with a quick vet visit and some quick stop.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Gorgeous!!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Has Morgan been off and on throughout her life with you? I know you've had her for many years and wondered if she's ever done this before. I remember she nailed you a little while back.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Morgan was an only bird for a long time, right?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Has Morgan been off and on throughout her life with you? I know you've had her for many years and wondered if she's ever done this before. I remember she nailed you a little while back.

No, it's only in the last year or two. I've had her for her entire life. Well, almost. She was 6 months old. She'll be 25 this July.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Annie is getting big enough to pull the plow and eat hay to - she is a perfect GW. Daphne is also very pretty, but you know haw I feel about GW.

Has Petey calmed down at all? I missed it somehow, but did you ever get him a Lupron shot or a Depovera implant?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Well they are pretty equally matched as long as they don't get deadly serious and your quietly supervising just in case everyone should be fine. Nerd and his brother Ferd lived in the same cage and only ever had one problem when somehow one of Nerds toenails got broken. Hard to say if they had a fight or he caught it on something while nobody was around. Nothing like it ever happened again and he survived fine with a quick vet visit and some quick stop.

They just squabble. Seconds later, they're back at it. I do watch, but I don't worry about them being aggressive. They genuinely enjoy each other and are just being macaws.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Annie is getting big enough to pull the plow and eat hay to - she is a perfect GW. Daphne is also very pretty, but you know haw I feel about GW.

Has Petey calmed down at all? I missed it somehow, but did you ever get him a Lupron shot or a Depovera implant?

You didn't miss it. He has not calmed down, and I'm working on getting him the Depo.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I for one am very glad to hear that. He is really abnormally hormonal and who knows what he picked up in former homes if he were abused. Maybe there is some self preservation mixed in with his aggressiveness. Even until the very last Hank would become aggressive if he was frightened. I would just have to not touch and talk him down off of it - it made me furious at his former owners every time he was like that.

We are always left with cleaning up other people's screw ups.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
No, it's only in the last year or two. I've had her for her entire life. Well, almost. She was 6 months old. She'll be 25 this July.
That's what I thought. It's been a long time since a post you wrote about how good she was for years and then I think you got a pretty good bite on the arm or hand. This is what I try to tell people who are confused about a change in behavior. It can happen any time.... even years later. It could be the change in your flock dynamics but with the one on one outside having a shower and flying at you...who knows.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That's what I thought. It's been a long time since a post you wrote about how good she was for years and then I think you got a pretty good bite on the arm or hand. This is what I try to tell people who are confused about a change in behavior. It can happen any time.... even years later. It could be the change in your flock dynamics but with the one on one outside having a shower and flying at you...who knows.

She used to LOVE baths, like most amazons! I really need to keep a flock journal, besides just weights. That would give me more insights.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I for one am very glad to hear that. He is really abnormally hormonal and who knows what he picked up in former homes if he were abused. Maybe there is some self preservation mixed in with his aggressiveness. Even until the very last Hank would become aggressive if he was frightened. I would just have to not touch and talk him down off of it - it made me furious at his former owners every time he was like that.

I thinks it's painfully ironic that I got him healthy enough to be able to act out. Here he is during his bath. image.jpeg

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

I'm starting to understand why he was left in the cage...

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Petey is a beauty.
Yeah and no doubt a lot of things worse than being left in the cage was happening to him.