• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The crazy bird walkers thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
This is the thread for us that believe that our parrots really needs safe outside socializing.
(IMO, it should be part of every parrots training.)
So much so we let the neighborhood know that we really are crazy bird people. :D

Ok. I have a twin jogger stroller (side by side) to my girls, so we can go on safe walks together.
Today was just a socializing in the neighborhood. So we went to both hear and see barking dogs that one neighbor have. Another neighbor was doing garden, and another was cutting his grass.
Everything went fine. :)
But after that 1 hrs walk I had two very tired girls that took a nap in the bathroom until the lunch was ready.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I gotta take Echo out again soon. Things are kind of chaotic right now. Trying things ready before my brother's wedding. And I've been pretty sick lately :depressed: But I'll to get him out before the wedding if I can. :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Rocky from the last 2 crazy bird walks we did before it got too hot out...
Previously posted pics.

I can’t wait to stroll Sunny around, and he will be talking so people will really think I’m crazy as I pass by :rofl:

Last edited:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
They are lovin that ride, looking at all the scenery! What a grand idea!
Thank you! ♥
I gotta take Echo out again soon. Things are kind of chaotic right now. Trying things ready before my brother's wedding. And I've been pretty sick lately :depressed: But I'll to get him out before the wedding if I can. :)
I did know that I forgot to tagg one but I couldn't remember who.. Sorry!!
I'm looking forward to see your next outside adventure, so I hope you get well soon. ♥
Good luck with that wedding. :)
What a wonderful time you three had!!❤❤❤
Yes we had, thank you! ♥
I love it! :loveshower:
Me too, thank you! ♥
Rocky from the last 2 crazy bird walks we did before it got too hot out...
I really like your stroller. I can see how easy it is to navigate with those wheels. :)
I can’t wait to stroll Sunny around, and he will be talking so people will really think I’m crazy as I pass by :rofl:
And I can't wait to see your next adventure. ♥ I really need new ideas and inspiration.
Here it is the opposite. My girls are silent (almost) and it's me talking so people thinks I'm crazy. :rofl: I talk to them all the time. :D Would be sad if not everyone heard me. (they have nothing else to talk about in my neighborhood.. :p )

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
This is the best thing ever! They all look so happy to be out and about :)

I’ve been working with my birbs on getting them to *want* to go in the travel carrier- you know, to not associate it with vet visits. Once they’re comfortable enough with it I’ll start taking them to the porch with me. Then work up to picnics hopefully. My dream would be to be just like you though! Maybe someday, I can also show my neighbors what a crazy bird lady I am! #crazybirdladygoals

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I’ve been working with my birbs on getting them to *want* to go in the travel carrier- you know, to not associate it with vet visits.
You should have two different carriers. The one you are using as a travel cage for outside visit should always have some of their favorite treats in a bowl.
My girls go inside because they want it. And after our adventure they can go back in to see if their is any left. They feel really comfortable in their carriers.
You can place the carrier open on top of their cage. (if It can be their) Just place a bowl inside with their favorite and they will learn on their own to accept it..

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
This is the thread for us that believe that our parrots really needs safe outside socializing.
(IMO, it should be part of every parrots training.)
So much so we let the neighborhood know that we really are crazy bird people. :D

Ok. I have a twin jogger stroller (side by side) to my girls, so we can go on safe walks together.
Today was just a socializing in the neighborhood. So we went to both hear and see barking dogs that one neighbor have. Another neighbor was doing garden, and another was cutting his grass.
But after that 1 hrs walk I had two very tired girls that took a nap in the bathroom until the lunch was ready.

That's cool, they look like they really enjoy it, relaxed about it and sight seeing. It's good for them to get out.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Love Dexter!:heart:
What a good boy, not even weirded out by the Spidey suit. I can see where WW might be a bit much though lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

This is fantastic!! I wish I could do stuff like this but I live in a tourist town so I´d end up on everyones holiday pictures :(

Maybe I´ll make something that can house six and walk along the beach front in the winter when it´s quieter :) It will be much more fun way to soak up some sunshine. Maybe a second hand pram like Rockoko.. I´d need to buy some more small cages...... :D
I will see what I come up with. I wouldn´t wanna go down there with the birds til late October so I have time to design something :)

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle

Cool! Dexter met Spiderman! :D what a fun photo!!!

:lol:
Maybe it´s because the only woman for Dex is you Machelle :xflove:
Maybe, but he certainly seems more interested in every other woman in the room. :lol:wonder woman was just too much for him, Spider-Man is more exciting anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.