• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Colour Orange

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Hello everyone
I have a short story to tell. When I normally arrive home from work I get mugged by Tequila (the dog) and have to pay her with a five minute rub. Then I go to the bathroom and get changed out of my work clothes, the shirt is a Hi-Vis Orange. I then give my other half a kiss and go out onto the verandah and say hello to Henry and Angel.

But today I stopped to give my work car a wash and was around 25 minute late home. When I got home I got my usual mugging from Tequila. But I never got out of my work clothes, gave my other half a kiss and hug. But Henry and Angel had been brought inside.

This is were it got weird with Angel, she step up without hesitation and started to cuddle against me and gently started to chew on my shirt. So I went and sat down on the recliner and I could touch her all over, from head to tail. In fact I was able to rub her head without any reaction shown at all. She seem to be focus on my shirt and she was totally sweet and playful. The only thing that was different was my shirt and she was a changed bird. So I think I wear an Orange shirt when handling her.

IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG

these are photos of her stepping up onto my hand.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Colour definitely matters. Quack has responded to me wearing grey or pinkish purple shirts. She started regurgitating for me when I was wearing dark grey (her colour).

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Percy does not like salmon

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
You just found a anti trigger:highfive: Instead of making her homicidal it makes her happy and playful. All I have ever found was triggers and my hands, ears, and neck have paid dearly for it. My birds got set off by the wrong hat, a hoody, eating food without immediately sharing, etc. Luckily Dobby just runs away or bluffs when he see's one, Lurch would go full kamikaze bird on me/us:omg:

Mococo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
Our girl is instantly 'in the mood' when my DH wears a red shirt. Yellow toys die first, and orange foods are eaten first. Coco doesn't respond to me differently by color though, but she also didn't seem to care when I dyed my hair purple.