• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Buzzsaws have escaped!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, Saturday night, I hear a noise...something has fallen to the floor. Then I hear another noise...a bigger noise! Something else, something bigger has fallen to the floor! What in the world is going on??? Well, to my displeasure, it is food bowls in the bird room! Reggie D2's SS food bowl is lying upside down on the floor and so is the ceramic Fenix bowl that belongs to the Galah pair, Leo and Letti, AND Leo and Letti are out of their cage sitting on top of it like nothing is amiss! They are in their teens and have been breeder birds all their lives until they came to me about three years ago. I'm trying to earn their trust, so I don't want to have to towel them to get them in their house. Usually they will go back in on their own but this time they seem to be having a grand time of being out and have been nibbling on the woodwork even though they have plenty of birdie approved wood to chew on in their own house! I took some pictures of them last night along with Reggie because he wouldn't stop screaming if I didn't let him out. I think he'd like to be friends with them but they seem to think he's an alien of sorts. He'll keep trying though!:)

IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0304.JPG IMG_0306.JPG

birdashes

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ash
You have beautiful birds! ... I'm a bit biased though, RB2s are my favorite birds. ;) Reggie is quite a looker himself though! I love those D2 crests ~

Glad they're enjoying themselves!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You have beautiful birds! ... I'm a bit biased though, RB2s are my favorite birds. ;) Reggie is quite a looker himself though! I love those D2 crests ~

Glad they're enjoying themselves!
I absolutely adore this pair...they are so sweet, unlike my hellion boy pets, Kishka and Fozzie!:) These two are so gentle and easy going. Kishka and Fozzie are hormonal and unpredictable and devious!:devil:

I would really love to have a big area where all five of the Galahs could spread their huge wings.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
At least everyone was having a good time :)

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
What's a little woodwork - as I look at a second door frame Kalea has modified!

Now that they have figured out how to get out on their own, when will they do that again as you know that will happen :lol:

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
Reggie is adorable, look at those sweet eyes! The galah's are very pretty?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
What's a little woodwork - as I look at a second door frame Kalea has modified!

Now that they have figured out how to get out on their own, when will they do that again as you know that will happen :lol:
I honestly don't know what happened. If Reggie got out and let them out or if they figured it out, or if I left two feeder doors open. Reggie was a total escape artist at the pet store I got him at but that was 16 years ago and in the 16 years I've had him, I've only had a few incidents where I've had a problem with him getting out and I think that was because I had left the feeder door open. The funny thing is, he was in his cage!:)

As for the woodwork, Jon went in there to see if they had done any more damage (they had previously chewed up part of the wood work around one of the windows). I told him if any damage was there that it was his bird's fault, blaming it on Iris who doesn't even go in there! He went in and didn't even see it!:) Then I showed him the pictures and he still didn't see it! So, for now, I'm off the hook!:fairy2:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Reggie is adorable, look at those sweet eyes! The galah's are very pretty?
That's my Reggie Lou! Even lacking feathers, you have to love him. When I was ready to go to bed, I tried to get him to step up for me so I could put him in his cage and the little rat kept saying, "Step up! Step up!" but wouldn't do it. I would just leave him out with the Galahs but I worry so much that he might fall because he doesn't have any wings to catch himself...sigh...

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
I wasn't thinking about that but you are right, no wing feathers makes even a short fall dangerous for him. Much safer to spend the night in his cage on all accounts. :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I wasn't thinking about that but you are right, no wing feathers makes even a short fall dangerous for him. Much safer to spend the night in his cage on all accounts. :)
I felt so bad for him because he did not want to go back to his cage but I just couldn't let him stay out for his safety. He really likes the Pinksters too and they put up with him for the most part. Poor Reg...

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
They all look quite adorably innocent to me. :D

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
That is so funny! They obviously enjoy the woodwork.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Reggie is a total cutie and the galah's are so sweet

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
hahaha, they're conspiring against you! This was a practice run. If I was you, I'd sleep with one eye open for the next few days!

:scared5:
No kidding! I've found out that it's them that figured out how the feeder doors work! I came home from work yesterday to find their feeder door open again and their bowl on the floor upside down again even though the door to their cage is WIDE OPEN! Somehow, I think they now take joy in opening the door and shoving the food bowl out! I got a lock out and fastened that door down! I thought about not locking it and then thought better of it and locked it! I left the water bowl door alone...I'm hoping I don't come home to a watery mess. I checked on them this morning to see if they had decided to go in their cage or not...not a chance! Jon is going to kill me! So far, they haven't chewed up any more of the wood but I have a plastic container in there that I put the trays on when I clean so I don't have to stoop all the way down to the floor and they've started chewing on that! THEY HAVE ALL SORTS OF TOYS IN THEIR HOUSE! Not good enough I guess! LOL!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
That is so funny! They obviously enjoy the woodwork.
I swear I do not understand Cockatoos...they love to chew up anything that does not belong to them! I think I might need to invest in some new toys for them...sigh...

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Reggie is a total cutie and the galah's are so sweet
Reggie is indeed adorable, even naked!:) The Galah pair is sweet...my two boy pet Galahs are a handful!:)