• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The bird room has been moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
The bird room has been moved: photos added

The big move has been made! The bird room had been moved from the spare bedroom to the office. I'm happy but I think it is going to take a while for the birds to get used to it.

The spare bedroom was as far from the living room as you could get in this house. This was done originally because the living room, kitchen and office are almost one room.
There are no doors between them. One bad thing about open southwest floor plan. I wasn't sure about having the birds so close to the kitchen w/o being able to close them off to any smoke or fumes. We also have Teflon pans, supposed to be gone because the fids were moving closer to the kitchen but even though we have decided to get the set of stainless steel pans at Sam's Club we still haven't bought them. Next trip for sure and nothing I'm going to be cooking will be using the old Teflon crap.

I think once they get used to it this will be much better for everyone but for now it is a lot noisier in the house than it used to be. Kind of nice.

As you can see the room is far from finished. I hope to add a climbing net soon also. If you look closely at the PVC gym in the back corner you will see Stamp'n Up stamp wheels hanging from it. Since the 'toos are afraid of it and I had to repair (done) the rod Jenni wanted to hang them from she decided "Hey this looks like a good spot for them.":lol:

Feel free to tell me the cages are too small for the birds. I am dying to replace them. When we bought Strawberry (Beige cage) that was the biggest cage in the store. The blue cage is the cage Jasmine came in. Goofy is the only bird that I am happy with the size of her cage. and of course she pulled a bar off of it 2 weeks after I got laid off. That's what the krazy chain links are doing on the front of her cage.
goofy_strawberry_jazzy.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it looks awesome..looks good to me!!!