• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Bettas

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I have gotten back into keeping a few Bettas since I was last here!

The first one that I bought.

The second one. This guy is changing colors on me fast. He was mostly white when he first arrived and is closing in on being all blue. These photos are a little older now. He is a pretty darker blue now with only a little bit of white left.

And this guy will probably be the last one. He arrived today! He got lost in the mail and I really thought I’d open the package to him no longer being alive. He was only in there a week but it was so long:eek: Luckily he was only sent to the wrong post office that was a half hour away so he wasn’t out in the cold for hours on end, plus he had a heat pack so that helped him out for awhile. It is also quite difficult to find any help at a post office number....yes I already know where he is I can see it...I just want to come pick him up so he doesn’t have to spend another two days being bounced around locations....no people just automated messages or never ending ringing gah! So yeah he ended up spending an extra two days being shipped around in the same city I live in because yeah why not random post office people:banghead::faint:

He is a little grey right now from the stress and hiding under an almond leaf. I put him in this bowl to slowly acclimate him to the new water instead of dumping him in the tank. Thought a shock would probably kill him after all the stress!

And what he should look like after he bounces back from the stress.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Wow, you've got some gorgeous babies! I feel so bad for the last little guy... what a stressful event! :(

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
WoW:geek: that first one omg! How gorgeous!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are stunning!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Wow, you've got some gorgeous babies! I feel so bad for the last little guy... what a stressful event! :(
Thanks! He already looks nice and red this morning! I’ll have to get new pics of him this afternoon:D

WoW:geek: that first one omg! How gorgeous!!
He really is a pretty one...I kind of went a bit crazy on bidding on him so I spent a ridiculous amount on him even though the color isn’t uncommon enough to be expensive:o:

They are stunning!
Thanks! Unfortunately the blue guy is nipping his fins right now. I’m thinking it’s because I had to strip the tank and completely demolished the cycle of the tank. I had an insane amount of worms pop up when I tried to add floating plants to the tanks as cover. So he might be stressed from the new tank cycle being established/water changes. But if he is bored I’m going to try that ping pong ball idea that people use for them to ‘play with’ and maybe some floating tunnels.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have gotten back into keeping a few Bettas since I was last here!

The first one that I bought.

The second one. This guy is changing colors on me fast. He was mostly white when he first arrived and is closing in on being all blue. These photos are a little older now. He is a pretty darker blue now with only a little bit of white left.

And this guy will probably be the last one. He arrived today! He got lost in the mail and I really thought I’d open the package to him no longer being alive. He was only in there a week but it was so long:eek: Luckily he was only sent to the wrong post office that was a half hour away so he wasn’t out in the cold for hours on end, plus he had a heat pack so that helped him out for awhile. It is also quite difficult to find any help at a post office number....yes I already know where he is I can see it...I just want to come pick him up so he doesn’t have to spend another two days being bounced around locations....no people just automated messages or never ending ringing gah! So yeah he ended up spending an extra two days being shipped around in the same city I live in because yeah why not random post office people:banghead::faint:

He is a little grey right now from the stress and hiding under an almond leaf. I put him in this bowl to slowly acclimate him to the new water instead of dumping him in the tank. Thought a shock would probably kill him after all the stress!

And what he should look like after he bounces back from the stress.
Are betas also known as Japanese fighting fish? You can't keep 2 males in one aquarium because they'll kill each other? Dad used to have fish when I was a baby but I remember some fish and the books he had.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They are all so beautiful :heart:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Yeah that’s them! The females can sometimes be put together with enough space but you have to be prepared to separate.

The new guy this morning! Few days of food and he looks good now.