• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

That beautiful moment.

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
when your bird takes off by itself and comes over to see you by choice.
Mr Sun was clipped (feathers had started to grow out) when I got him and has been clipped all his life he is 4yo. I have done flight training almost every day with him and he has taken to flying like ummm lets say he hardly knew what his wings were for, so sad for a bird :sad6: To day he flew to me from his cage and he landed perfectly. He has been flying a few meters here and there and his landings has been less graceful but today omg :ballerina:he took off and he landed gracefully. So happy for him and he looked pretty pleased with himself too!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:fly2:That's fantastic! That would totally make my day! :hug8:What was your method of flight training?

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Congratulations. It is a wonderful feeling. And good job, Mr Sun!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Large Congrats to Mr Sun and you!

We're have the same situation with Buddy. He's learning to fly again after having to be clipped at the rescue for safety reasons. One side is still a bit more grown in than the other, which results in some "lopsided" flights...and landings. But he's doing better every day...:)

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
:fly2:That's fantastic! That would totally make my day! :hug8:What was your method of flight training?
I dunno if we had a method as such we started with small jumps, from my arm to his cage. Or from his cage to my arm. Then we slowly made the gap bigger. This morning he flew over the the evil twins cage and promply climbed inside to steal some of their food. They were out. They did the same to Mr Sun so all good. They are getting along remarkably well these days. Even to the point of touching eachother without aggression. :fairy2:

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That is awesome!:cheer:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree!! I love it when my babies fly to me. :) Best way, isn't it? For them to choose. They could fly anywhere else, but choose to fly to you! :fairy: