• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thanks Chewy.com

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had to call Chewy regarding an issue with dented cans of dog food. The customer rep heard the birds chatting away in the background and asked me about them. I told her a few things and mentioned that Spero (aka Spee) had just celebrated a bird-day.
Last week I was very surprised when I received a bird-day card from her for Spee. It was very sweet of her to do that. She wished him a "Happy, happy hatch day" and even drew a picture of a bird hatching out of an egg.
Showed and read the card to Spee and he was very interested so I think he appreciated it. If he could smile I think he would have. :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I freaking love Chewy. I had ordered a bunch of cat food for my cats before realizing Jasmine has allergies to many more things than just chicken. I had like $50 in food I couldn't use. I chatted with them online, they helped me research some foods to try, and gave me a credit for the food I had and couldn't use, telling me to donate the stuff I had bought. It was amazing.

Hoping quality of service stays the same with them being acquired by Petsmart. I know some of the higher end brands like Orijen and Fromm are pulling their products from Chewy because of the merger, but I have seen a huge influx of foods since the announcement. Will be interesting to see how things go.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't know that Petsmart bought Chewy. I usual follow that kind of "stuff" so don't know how I missed that. Thanks for that info. First Petco buys Drs. Foster & Smith and now this.
They still have a few Fromm products but very limited. The treats I buy for the dogs are no longer available. That's too bad. Will have to find somewhere else to purchase those since the feed store I used to get them from no longer stocks them either. They told me that they weren't big sellers. Amazon sells them but about 3-4X the price of what I was paying at Chewy. Maybe Fromm will reconsider.
I hope the prices as well as the quality of service remains the same.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just checked on Fromm's website and the treats are priced the same as on Chewy & the food is cheaper than what I would pay at the feed store except when the feed store has a 20% off sale.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I bought the whole 21 person staff at my vets dog and cat toys from Chewy. It was my first order and they had to verify it was me for real because it was so huge! We had names and breeds for everyone's pets so we were able to shop for size exactly. Chewy has such a great selection!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I bought the whole 21 person staff at my vets dog and cat toys from Chewy. It was my first order and they had to verify it was me for real because it was so huge! We had names and breeds for everyone's pets so we were able to shop for size exactly. Chewy has such a great selection!
That was very very nice of you.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That was very very nice of you.
We had a lot of fun with the gift bags and name tags and keeping the list sorted and omg the staff was really surprised and delighted. Best giving experience ever!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I never thought of bringing bird, dog or cat "stuff". I just bring boxes of cookies or candy or gift cards. Bringing them gifts for their furry and/or feathered friends is a great idea.