• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank You For Helping Me On My Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomsde

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tom Santomartino
I wanted to thank all of your for listening to all my parrot temptations on my journey to getting that ellusive 4th bird that would make a good addition to our little family. I do really eventually want just one more parrot, but I want to take my time and find the right one that will fit in. Some days I feel 3 is enough, tonight the little darlings were all in moods; Ollie has been going through intermittant hormonal aggression, Sammy wants to preen the other half's skin all the time, and Connie goes from being super suite to a spoiled little princess. In spite of the challenges, I know that they've added far more joy than problems to my life. After a hard day a work, when I'm ready to pull my hair our, all I have to do is take my little parrots out of the cages and play with them and I feel the stress melt away. On the Pet Issue of CBS Sunday morning this morning they talked about how interacting with a pet releases stress relieving hormones in our brains, the same hormones that are released when parents hold their babies.

I've appreciated everyone's feedback and advice; last year you help me decide to get Sammy and he's been a wonderful companion and really no trouble at all. So if I come on here all starry eyed about some little parrot I've seen somewhere or other, thanks for indulging my little infatuations and helping me weigh all the pros and cons.

:hug8:

Last edited:

jerseybella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
You will know in your heart when and if you find the right fit:heart:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I second what Dawn said, you will, that special bird will be waiting.:hug8::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.