• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank you all.

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Thank you all for being such a great, friendly community. Here, it feels like I'm with family, while in other forums I am very defensive and protective of everything. In dog forums I've tried, it really feels like just random strangers from the internet who put in their two cents and move on, while here is much more personal and friendly.

Thank you all for giving gentle advice instead of rubbing salt in the wound.
In the first parrot forum I tried, before I discovered the Avenue, when I shared my wish for a parrot and asked for advice, forum members FLAMED on me, just for being a minor interested in birds. It escalated, without me posting further, to the point where I was literally cussed out simply for being young-ish. I am so glad the experience didn't turn me away from forums, so I could discover you guys. Thank you Avenue, for being the best forum I know of.
1533609476542-279943017.jpg
This is NOT a goodbye post, no worries!

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We're not always rainbows and butterflies but we certainly try to be civil (well, most of us, and most of the time :lol:)

Glad you didn't let a bad experience keep you away!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Trinity (love your name) anyway, this place is a great place to honestly call home. It's by far the best of all bird boards and I have been part of many over my 10 plus years of owning larger parrots. There are those who sit all day on the PC or now mostly since Facebook has groups the bashing and horrific behavior is on those. Which is good, keeps the garbage off of here.

I have seen many fine bird owners come and go. There are alot I am still friends with even if they no longer post here. Welcome to a great place with many very well respected and very educated bird owners.

I feel confident in asking questions and answering them too if I know the answer. You won't get flamed here, so ask away

Lastly, welcome to the Avenue!:welave:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:welcomesign: great group of folks here, you're gonna love it!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Some places can be hard on the new comers. This forum is fairly friendly and civil which unfortunately is becoming more and more rare. Sometimes you have to sort through the rubbish to find the treasures and I believe its the same online most times.
You are a great community member and you most likely did not deserve the flaming you got, I am glad you tried another forum and did not let the miserable people upset you and hold you back......now you are here sharing great stories :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I totally agree with you! I am looking forward to the day you become a parront as well, because I know you Will be a great one;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's a wonderful forum where everyone tries to give honest, helpful advice. It's not always the advice that people want to hear but I think everyone tries to be kind about it.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I feel like I found a community here as well. With birds being a newer and still kind of "outsider" pet I don't feel like there are many places I can even just talk about Waffle without being judged as a "crazy parrot lady." I am much more of an extrovert so I live by wanting everyone to be my friend which I have learned is not always what others want, but regardless the group here is kind, knowledgeable, and at the end of the day wishes the best for all birdies!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It does seem on other bird forums that younger posters are treated differently...sometimes almost cruelly, IMO.

Personally, I love the energy and passion the younger folk bring to the forum...

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
This is exactly why we got a bird with a 30 year lifespan. If all goes well, I shouldn't have to worry about leaving Waffle to my niece. Although her current level of fascination with Waffle leads me to believe she wouldn't argue with that!