• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank God for Bird Friends

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Bird friends are such a blessing. I was feeling overwhelmed last night, with certain home ownership responsiblities, what is asked of me spiritually, state of world events, etc.

I’ve been trying to train Smoky Blue to go in his cage, but he just stares at me. Tried the clicker + special treats, praise when he starts to go in, but hasn’t worked. He has also been hesitant to let me pick him up or touch him lately. Instead of going in his cage, he flew on the floor. Exasperated, I sunk to the floor, feeling like a parrot mom failure.

Smoky Blue waddled over to me, climbed up my leg, and told me to “Step Up” so he could get cuddles. Nothing was as comforting as having a little grey fluff lean against you for cuddles. We sat like that for a good 20 minutes. I felt so much better afterwards. And as I got up, he flew off my lap, across the room, and climbed into his cage for bedtime. :joyful:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
and so it goes......

When we least expect it, they make us smile.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He couldn't go in yet, Mom, you needed cuddles first! :swoon: What a sweetheart.