1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tell me about your doves

Discussion in 'Softbill Circle' started by IsaDa18, 1/23/17.

1. IsaDa18

IsaDa18 Strolling the yard

Sounds silly, but I'm looking to learn more about ringneck and diamonds, I've read most everything about them, but don't have any experience handling fully tamed doves. What are your guys like? Mention whether they were hand fed! :)

2. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Mine are all rescue doves, they're all very sweet, calm and loving,,,maybe they're grateful, maybe I'm lucky.

3. The BirdHouse

The BirdHouse Checking out the neighborhood

I have had ringneck doves for many years. My first one was handfed and was extremely friendly. All of the ones I have had since then were all parent fed, but with a minimum of work they also became quite friendly. They make wonderful pets and are easy to take care of. I currently have a pair of diamond doves as well, I haven't tried to handle them much yet, but I am hoping to work with their babies. (They are sitting on eggs :) )

4. javi

javi Sprinting down the street Avenue Veteran

JAVI
    I adopted a dove from rescue about 4 years ago. She had been surrendered by her owners and had been an only bird. When I adopted her she was a Velcro bird. Wanting to sit on my shoulder and ride around and wanted to be petted and rubbed. Well since she was desperate for attention I added a second dove and she got all the attention she wanted from the second one. They both live in my aviary. She still likes to set on my shoulder and be held but I think likes having a buddy around all the time.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)