• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Teflon in lightbulbs?

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
So, I've been looking into birds for the past several months and decided that I should start making my house safe. I have some concerns about small spaces but those can be fixed and that's not what this thread is about. I'm wondering about the possibility that my snake's reptile bulb is teflon coated and I'm not sure how to tell. I believe it is an ExoTerra Sun Glo (which might be Sun-Glo Neodymium) but I cannot find for the life of me anything about it being teflon coated or not. If it is Sun-Glo Neodymium, which I'm not sure of as I don't have the box, is neodymium even safe? The lamp itself is ceramic which is great but I can't tell if the light is okay. The bulb is easily changeable and I will gladly change it if it will be a problem. I'll try to include some pictures of the bulb and if there's even a chance that it may be teflon then I'll gladly buy one that is not. Thank you so much!

Attachments

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I don't think those bulbs have teflon. They're relatively low wattage and don't generate a "high enough" heat to warrant it. They use it in commercial bulbs that are high intensity but those are big bulbs and high wattage.

Email the manufacturer and ask them.