• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Teddy

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
has some strange quirks.
We got him at 6 weeks old when we were in Canada. Of course, being like all puppies, he was a snuggler.
Having collie and lab mix we knew he would be a medium sized dog.
He was easy to potty train, and I think only ever had a couple of accidents in the house.
He has been around the birds since he was very young, so they all get along great.
Over the years he has developed some strange antics.
I used to give him tap water but then we bought a water cooler system for the house and Teddy would lick the water while hubby pushed the button.
Soon, hubby was only giving him "special" water. I would just give him tap water and he would flat out refuse to drink it.
When we are eating he will walk by and do this exaggerated stretch then sneak in and try to pinch something.
We watch for it now and laugh at his futile attempts.
When I would get home from work, he would take my socks off so I couldn't go out again. Poor baby doesn't like being alone.
Fast forward to here in the UK and we have no water cooler. Hubby gets home and first thing he does is give Teddy his water then 2 treats together. This is a MUST!!!
If I give Teddy water he will stick his nose up at it and walk away. (even though it's the same water)
If hubby forgets his treats, he will come over and keep grabbing hubbys' arm until he realises his error.
We made a mistake of rewarding Teddy for taking our socks off, so when hubby comes home now and puts his socks in his boots, Teddy will go get them, as hubby groans at his mistake of leaving them within Teddy's access and will have to get up to get him treats again.
Hubby groans constantly but he gets rewarded with a foot bath every night (Ughh).
If Teddy gets scolded or told to lay down he will look at me and grumble about it. He does NOT take well to being told what to do and does so grudgingly.
Whenever hubby and I are talking when he gets in from work, Teddy takes the opportunity to sneak into the bird room and pick up their leftover food from the day. (usually mushed oranges and bananas or peanut shells). He always gets caught and grumbles as he is ordered out.
When Frankie and Bebe start be-bopping he will howl along with them and OMG what a noise!!! lol

Please share your stories. It's always nice hearing about other's pet behaviors :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew