• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Technologically Challenged

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I am a little confused about how to respond, individually, to each members comments on threads I start.

Bear with me. After all, I am the President of the Technologically Challenged Generation!

Thanks!

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I can certainly understand...I'm also part of that generation...:confused:
After all, I am the President of the Technologically Challenged Generation!
Is this an example of what you mean?
All you have to do is highlight the words you want. When you get to the end of what ever you want to respond to, stop highlighting. A small "quote+/ quote will appear. Then move the arrow to the word "quote" and press. The highlighted words should appear in the above form...then just type your response...:)

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Oops! Proving my point, darn you autocorrect! I meant thanks for the input, Cassiesdad!

Cockatango

Meeting neighbors
As honorary vice-president, I don't even know how to post! Any help :facepalm:

hayleyxmcx

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
hayley
Hi, i have just joined this group. I am hoping i can get a little advice and help please. One week ago i bought an orange winged amazon parrot named yaga, he is 3 years old and totally beautiful. I think his previous owner kept him n his cage and didn't allow him out. i have had his cage open since i have got him and tonight he flew in to my kitchen i left him to it seeing his surroundings etc then he started flying into things so i was worried he would hurt himself so got his swing and tried to get him to go on to it to place him back on his cage but he didn't seem a happy bunny and was squeegeeing so loud if me or my partner went near him, and was also doing a weird thing with his neck. does anyone know what that may be? also growling? How long roughly would it take him to be settled in. i have read so much but hard to take it all in. if he has been in his cage most of his life would i be able to train him to step up etc? sorry for all the questions and not doing my research its just the lady who was selling him on the site would have giving him to anyone, not that im much better lol but i kind of knew her, and my mum also had an African grey so i know how much attention and patience you need to give them. any help would be really grateful. thank you.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Welcome to the Avenue! I am really not equipped to give you any advice... I just recently (well, almost five months ago) rescued a baby (20 days old) cockatiel from an abusive situation. I honestly didn't believe he/she would make it thru the first night... TD made it. I'm basically a first time bird slave and have been running to the Avenue since day two ( so glad I found this site, and found it early) for anything and everything! You may want to repost this thread in Welcome Lane. Others will be along to help you, I'm sure. These are the best people ever!

hayleyxmcx

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
hayley
Aww bless you, how people can abuse these beautiful birds is beyond me. thank you for messaging me back. I am still trying to get used to this site lol, do you know how i message this in the welcome lane? Good luck with your new bird and pretty sure you will give him the life that he deserves .

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
One of the forums is called, "How to Junction". It's instructions on many different things one can do on the Avenue!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
When you get to the end of what ever you want to respond to, stop highlighting. A small "quote+/ quote will appear. Then move the arrow to the word "quote" and press. The highlighted words should appear in the above form...then just type your response...:)
If you press the quote+ button it will add the highlighted text to a cue. You can add multiple quotes to a cue. When your ready to respond press “insert quotes”. From the list you can insert them all at once or change before inserting.