• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Teaching some new tricks

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
Darwin is turning 4 years old Sepember 27th! He has not had a proper clicker training session since he was a baby but I'm hoping I can start again with him now. He knows how to dunk a plastic whiffle ball into a small prop basketball hoop but that is all he has retained from his original training. I was going to use that trick to hopefully teach him some new ones. He always had trouble with consistantly targeting a stick once we got to the point of taking a step or two. I want to teach him how to retrieve a ball but it's going to be difficult because he likes to stay in one place. I'm hoping to teach him to let me pick up his feet and open his wings. And lastly I want to teach him to let me put his harness on and take it off. He used to wear it so nice and lately he won't tolerate putting it on. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll use this thread to log his progress.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Can you walk around the table and convince him with a treat to come to you (with the ball)?