• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Teaching A Goffins How To Read.........

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Are you guys neighbors?
I'm assuming you're asking about Michelle and I. She and Howie live in Pittsburgh, and I'm here in Erie...about 125 miles north of them.

If you make a capital "T"...Cleveland is end of the top left bar.....Buffalo, NY is on the end of the right side. Pittsburgh is at the bottom of the vertical bar.

Erie is at the intersection of the two bars...roughly....;)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That is pretty close for AA members. It is simply wonderful you are helping them. I know she was pretty stressed by all of this.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I'm assuming you're asking about Michelle and I. She and Howie live in Pittsburgh, and I'm here in Erie...about 125 miles north of them.

If you make a capital "T"...Cleveland is end of the top left bar.....Buffalo, NY is on the end of the right side. Pittsburgh is at the bottom of the vertical bar.

Erie is at the intersection of the two bars...roughly....;)
OH WOW! Sometimes the way you talk I get the feeling you're either relatives or neighbors. Geez how nice of you Bob! I wonder if Elvis will follow Milty like kids do...I started reading to Freddy and he initially didn't have an interest in books. Sometimes I wonder if families with young children have good luck with it because the birds pick up from kids better like other children do....hmmmm....NOT having more children to find out! LOL But really, good luck with Elvis. I can't seem to find additional info other than what's been posted.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
OH WOW! Sometimes the way you talk I get the feeling you're either relatives or neighbors. Geez how nice of you Bob! I wonder if Elvis will follow Milty like kids do...I started reading to Freddy and he initially didn't have an interest in books. Sometimes I wonder if families with young children have good luck with it because the birds pick up from kids better like other children do....hmmmm....NOT having more children to find out! LOL But really, good luck with Elvis. I can't seem to find additional info other than what's been posted.
Bob and I have met before the Elvis vacation. The fiancé and I go to Erie usually once a year or so for a weekend getaway and Bob nicely meets us while we're there. That's how I've gotten to meet Milton, Sunshine, etc. Actually, @BirdGuy21 and I are sort of neighbors. We live not far from each other and know each other through our local parrot rescue. I see him relatively frequently. It's nice knowing other parrot owners. For so long, I really didn't know anyone else with birds.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Bob and I have met before the Elvis vacation. The fiancé and I go to Erie usually once a year or so for a weekend getaway and Bob nicely meets us while we're there. That's how I've gotten to meet Milton, Sunshine, etc. Actually, @BirdGuy21 and I are sort of neighbors. We live not far from each other and know each other through our local parrot rescue. I see him relatively frequently. It's nice knowing other parrot owners. For so long, I really didn't know anyone else with birds.
Wow that's nice! Other than my late husbands friend who owns the pet store, I don't know anyone who owns parrots. They're not common pets in this area. I never even knew they had parrots at rescues! I developed a love for parrots through owning my lovebirds. I LOVE the lovebirds! But for several years I wanted a larger bird, something along the lines of a blue headed conure. I saw one rb2 years ago and was in absolute awe. My husband saw the price and said forget it! Lol. Well here I sit, 15 years later and I do have my rb2. He's something else, the toos are a lot of bird, he's going to give me a run for the money I know that! Lol

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@sunnysmom I am so jealous you got to meet Milton & Bob! :rofl: Or should I have said, BOB & Milton?! Lol Sorry Bob!:rolleyes:
I think a lot of people are jealous. I am fortunate. I got to hold Milton for a bit on Sunday. He really is well behaved.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think a lot of people are jealous. I am fortunate. I got to hold Milton for a bit on Sunday. He really is well behaved.
When I win the lottery, we're going to set up a "Milton World Tour"...so he can meet everyone...:flowers2:

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
And we still have to schedule a Harley and Elvis play date!

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I'd like to try this with Sawyer, he's more clever (cleverer?) than his brother when it comes to things like abstract thinking and problem solving, Charlie is good at commands.

I assume even if he could not learn complex stuff he could learn colors and shapes

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hey Bob how about some videos? You can position the camera so it's hidden.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
And we still have to schedule a Harley and Elvis play date!
Yes definitely! It will have to wait obviously until Elvis gets back. Unless you and Harley want to road trip to Erie. What's one more bird in the house, right @cassiesdad?;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Yes definitely! It will have to wait obviously until Elvis gets back. Unless you and Harley want to road trip to Erie. What's one more bird in the house, right @cassiesdad?;)
Wow...now that sounds like a party to me!

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Wow...now that sounds like a party to me!
Hmmm, Harley's been on a kick where he does the fire alarm sound for about an hour a day....maybe I'll make a trip up to Erie after all LOL. ;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hmmm, Harley's been on a kick where he does the fire alarm sound for about an hour a day....maybe I'll make a trip up to Erie after all LOL. ;)
I think I know that sound.... When Elvis gets really worked up he makes it too.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton makes a sound that sounds like a fire alarm...when he hears the computerized voice of the weather radio...:)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:coffeescreen: