• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Teaching A Goffins How To Read.........

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Ok my Freddy has no interest right now in books but is enjoying children's shows with lots of singing. Lol sigh....wish he would do something other than sit on that cage. He's watching TV at the moment haha

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
wish he would do something other than sit on that cage. He's watching TV at the moment
Another statement you will look back on and laugh. Then cry. :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Another statement you will look back on and laugh. Then cry. :D
LOL. I believe I said something similar when we first got Elvis, and John made a similar reply. Actually I think he said "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". ;) He was right- as usual (don't tell him I said that ;)). After chasing Elvis down from the door frame (which he wanted to chew) for the 50th time in one day, taping cardboard on the door frame so he couldn't land on it, watching him dive bomb the cardboard and yank if off and throw it to the ground so he could land back on the door frame, I did wish for the days that Elvis just sat on top of his cage. :rolleyes:

And I should post the videos of him opening all the kitchen cupboards and riding the ceiling fan. Sigh.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@sunnysmom ... watching Elvis "in action" the last few days, it could be very interesting if you worked with him with some of the techniques that were mentioned in the article...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
And I should post the videos of him opening all the kitchen cupboards and riding the ceiling fan.
He does that!? :eek::jawdrop1::facepalm::hehe:
Elvis has begun landing on an inflatable hanging from the ceiling in the computer room. The inflatable looks like a cartoon bug...an advertisement for a bug spray (Raid) that I got when I worked for Walleyworld.
E thinks it's a blast to hang on the bug and swing back and forth, wildly...

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Elvis has begun landing on an inflatable hanging from the ceiling in the computer room. The inflatable looks like a cartoon bug...an advertisement for a bug spray (Raid) that I got when I worked for Walleyworld.
E thinks it's a blast to hang on the bug and swing back and forth, wildly...
Holy crap! My lovebirds do stuff like that but of course they're small so there isn't much they can damage lol. Wow!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I'll never forget the first time I saw Freddy fly through the room. What a sight! He's really beautiful in the air. I was sitting awestruck and my son sitting on the couch covered his face with a blanket as Freddy flew over him and landed on the rug in front of him LOL. He looks huge in the air, I know his wingspan is just about 2' He can fly through my doors, and all you can hear is whoosh-whoosh-whoosh as he goes by. He doesn't fly much yet, he's more of a walker, walking everywhere, but I'm sure he will once he gets to know the house.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He does that!? :eek::jawdrop1::facepalm::hehe:
Yes. And so much more. He also figured out that once he opens the cupboards, he can pull things out of the cupboards too. He is a trip. At least he keeps me from just sitting on the couch. LOL.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@sunnysmom ... watching Elvis "in action" the last few days, it could be very interesting if you worked with him with some of the techniques that were mentioned in the article...;)
I'd like to try. I think he's super smart (of course I'm probably biased) and have often thought that he needs more mental stimulation than what I've been giving. That's also why I want to get him harness trained. I think he needs to be out and about too.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think he's super smart (of course I'm probably biased)
I think you're correct with that statement. ;)
I'll never forget the first time I saw Freddy fly through the room. What a sight! He's really beautiful in the air.
I had forgotten how pretty a 'too looks flying free. Milton flew only short distances because it would cause him so much pain. Elvis flies around the room in such a pretty way...:heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Yes. And so much more. He also figured out that once he opens the cupboards, he can pull things out of the cupboards too. He is a trip. At least he keeps me from just sitting on the couch. LOL.
Up, down, run around... sounds like Cockatoo Cardio! :run: You're so lucky ;) most folks have to pay for a gym membership to get motivation and exercise like that! :rolleyes:

That's also why I want to get him harness trained. I think he needs to be out and about too.
I could never bring a bird outside again, but it would be amazing to be able to bring Luv Bug out and about for certain errands where they allow pets, like Home Depot and not worry about her getting lost or into trouble. (Luv Bug? Trouble? No! :unsure:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think you're correct with that statement. ;)

I had forgotten how pretty a 'too looks flying free. Milton flew only short distances because it would cause him so much pain. Elvis flies around the room in such a pretty way...:heart:
Howie and I were both so thrilled when Elvis's wings grew out so he could fly again. He is a good little flyer. Oh, and I didn't think about it when I moved his cage into your room, but Elvis loves to swing and flap on his cage door too. He'll actually twist upside down and all around.

So unfortunate about Milton, but he does look so cute walking around.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Elvis loves to swing and flap on his cage door too. He'll actually twist upside down and all around.
I've seen that quite a bit the last few days! :)

We have to make sure E doesn't flap the newspaper away from the side of his cage, so we stick the edges under the wheels of the cage...presto, the paper stays put...:D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I've seen that quite a bit the last few days! :)

We have to make sure E doesn't flap the newspaper away from the side of his cage, so we stick the edges under the wheels of the cage...presto, the paper stays put...:D
Good idea. Yes, the newspaper does fly around. He is a typically a busy bird.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Oh yea no sitting on the couch with these guys huh?
:faint::roflmao: