• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

tea?

mardekk

Moving in
my idiot son keeps trying to drink my tea? i know this isn't good but like...does anyone know if it's alright for him to have a mouthful every once in a while? it's not thirst, i've seen him come from drinking water to trying to get my tea? just plain black tea. he's very persistent.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Does this idiot son have feathers? If so then some camomile tea is ok. Not “black tea”. Just try some plain “warm” water. It has more to with the cup and you drinking it than anything else.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Black tea is not good because of the caffeine.

Herbal teas without caffeine are fine - chamomile, ginger, fruit teas, etc.

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
Out of curiosity... Is rooibos tea okay? Someone said the other day it has no caffeine which would make sense since in SA we usually drink rooibos before going to bed. But I don't know if that's right

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Out of curiosity... Is rooibos tea okay? Someone said the other day it has no caffeine which would make sense since in SA we usually drink rooibos before going to bed. But I don't know if that's right

Rooibos is caffeine free, but I am not sure if the actual plant Rooibos is made from is parrot safe for sure.

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
Umm, in my opinion, you shouldn't call your bird an idiot. You're not being appreciative. He is just being a bird. Trying to drink tea, is not being an idiot. I don't mean to start anything, but just wanted to point this out.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I drink herbal tea and have to avoid caffeine due to my chronic gastritis. My Sunshine loves to help herself to my tea if I take it into the birdroom. If I am drinking something she cannot have, I must use a covered cup, like my commuter mug I use in the car or Sunny is in it constantly. I have to keep my tea covered if it is hot, too as she will dive in and burn her tongue. One thing she does not like is ice cold drinks; she dislikes anything really cold and will not touch ice cream at all, or ice cubes (which the other birds find fascinating toys). Sometimes, when Sunny doesn't find the tea pleasing to drink, she dips her head into it and tries to take a bath instead! Yuck!

mardekk

Moving in
Does this idiot son have feathers? If so then some camomile tea is ok. Not “black tea”. Just try some plain “warm” water. It has more to with the cup and you drinking it than anything else.
Lol yes hes all feathery a soft

Black tea is not good because of the caffeine.

Herbal teas without caffeine are fine - chamomile, ginger, fruit teas, etc.
So would decaf be alright? Or still not good and see if i can enjoy herbal teas?

Umm, in my opinion, you shouldn't call your bird an idiot. You're not being appreciative. He is just being a bird. Trying to drink tea, is not being an idiot. I don't mean to start anything, but just wanted to point this out.
:D nah that's not why he's an idiot. i mean idiot in a loving way ya feel. it's mainly his general personality and cage antics