• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TD's Opus

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
This recording is from when TD was just over a year old. This was before he quit talking, but he was still very diligently practicing his Opus. At this point in time he would only practice early in the morning while still covered up, or if we couldn't see him. On this particular day I was out early having a cup of coffee when he started. So all you'll see in the video is the door to the RV as I try to stay as quiet as possible so he doesn't know I'm listening.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Yours stopped talking too? When did it happen? Any idea why?

Tteok doesn't talk anymore. He still whistles all the time, especially to feet, but he no longer says any words.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
The Mayberry theme? Really? I caught that at the end!!!

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Yours stopped talking too? When did it happen? Any idea why?

Tteok doesn't talk anymore. He still whistles all the time, especially to feet, but he no longer says any words.
He started talking at about 4 months. He said so many things! I thought I had the smartest cockatiel in the world! He also began learning songs as quick as lightening! I think he stopped talking at about a year and a half. I didn't even realize it for some time. Then I read that a male cockatiel will either be a whistler or a talker. I guess he chose whistling. I wish I would have known he was going to quit talking, I would have made it a point to record him talking. The only thing he still says, and very seldomly, is "Gimme a tickle". That is a remnant of, "C'mere, cutie, gimme a tickle". Tickle is our word for scritches. Sometimes it makes me sad that he doesn't talk to me anymore. I have tons of videos of TD singing (whistling) to my feet! They all have a foot fetish! Lol.

The Mayberry theme? Really? I caught that at the end!!!
That was the first song he learned. We used to do a duet every morning. I would whistle or sing a line and he would do the next line.