• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Take a walk on the wild side- The wild life and birds around here

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hello all....
Thought i'd share some photo's of birds, hawks, ospreys, rescued bear cub, and ETC...around here.
@Eloy you should like this, remembered you like wild birds. Enjoy. We are always rescuing the little ones.
and returning them to wild once checked out. All wild life is precious. 12-16-08 Owl in garage copy (300x225).jpg 31 (22).JPG Falcon gets it's bird in yard....JPG CIMG2122.JPG eagle.jpg Osprey at fletchers pond - Copy.JPG baby deer found in backyard spring 2007.JPG p24.JPG P1010233.JPG lil bunny copy.jpg P1010225.JPG P1010236.JPG

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Cool pictures!

When I was a little girl I was terrified of Herons. They would come and try to steal my mums fish.

And wow, that´s a lot of goslings! ❤❤❤

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thanks for sharing! Loved looking at your photos! I rescued an otter not too long after we moved into our neighborhood back in 1997. My hubby left for work and then came back to tell me there was an otter on the side of the road of our long entrance to our development. He said it looked like it was either dead or dying. He had to go to work so I grabbed a large container with a lid and drove out to find it. Sure enough, it was lying still. I stood over it to see if it was breathing, just so slightly, so I tapped it with my foot to make sure it was unconscious. He was a full adult and those teeth can rip you up. He didn't move so I picked it up... might gawd it was heavy!. I hustled over to my van with the door open and placed him in the container, snapped the lid on and sped off to my vet. They are the only vet in my area that will treat wildlife. Xrays revealed it had broken ribs. They kept it for a couple of weeks and then turned it over to a sanctuary a few miles down the road where there is perfect habitat for otters. I wish they had called me so I could have gone to take photos of the release. I'm glad I could help him... they are one of my all time favorite animals!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for sharing! Loved looking at your photos! I rescued an otter not too long after we moved into our neighborhood back in 1997. My hubby left for work and then came back to tell me there was an otter on the side of the road of our long entrance to our development. He said it looked like it was either dead or dying. He had to go to work so I grabbed a large container with a lid and drove out to find it. Sure enough, it was lying still. I stood over it to see if it was breathing, just so slightly, so I tapped it with my foot to make sure it was unconscious. He was a full adult and those teeth can rip you up. He didn't move so I picked it up... might gawd it was heavy!. I hustled over to my van with the door open and placed him in the container, snapped the lid on and sped off to my vet. They are the only vet in my area that will treat wildlife. Xrays revealed it had broken ribs. They kept it for a couple of weeks and then turned it over to a sanctuary a few miles down the road where there is perfect habitat for otters. I wish they had called me so I could have gone to take photos of the release. I'm glad I could help him... they are one of my all time favorite animals!
Others are amazingly funny and curious animals.
Down the road is a lake named Other lake, and yes has a family of otters! Love watching them.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Cool pictures!

When I was a little girl I was terrified of Herons. They would come and try to steal my mums fish.

And wow, that´s a lot of goslings! ❤❤❤

Yea usually I see 5-7 goslings, this couple here has 12! They must have some serious mojo going on!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
@Eloy you should like this, remembered you like wild birds. Enjoy.
In fact I love almost every animal, and I try to help by respecting them and save the ones that needs it.
We are always rescuing the little ones.
and returning them to wild once checked out. All wild life is precious.
Yes it is. Thank you! ♥

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
AWESOME Michael!!! Is that a bear cub?

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
In fact I love almost every animal, and I try to help by respecting them and save the ones that needs it.

Yes it is. Thank you! ♥
That's great!!! Your my kind of people! The ones that love and respect all living things. You have a great heart.!
Being that I'm in a state that everyone in this state hunts! Kills everything. I do not and will not hunt! They put a " buck pole" to show off to town the great deer kill. God both my wife and I can't stand this. We have gave up friends because they kill animals.
My wife and I will save and rescue just about anything. My wife nursed a field mouse back to health. Puts spiders outside. We get satisfaction from rescuing and saving an animal.
Couple years back a doe on side of road was caught in fencing, another deer stood by close.
We pulled over, but only thing we could do was my wife took her top off and wrapped it around deers head, which calms it. I untwisted the fence wire and freed the leg.
And the careless people that drive by and not help. Just amazes me that there are that many people in the world that could care less about what happens to an animal.

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
AWESOME Michael!!! Is that a bear cub?
Yes it is! The mother was shot by poachers and this poor thing was lost. Was taken to Oswald bear ranch rescue . A mother bear there adopted the cub as her own and looked after it.
That mother bear survived 2 gunshots, but was partially crippled, she still took the cub under her wing.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Poor mama bear! Poachers should be strung up by their heels!

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
These photos were taken from my windows. The big tree has birds nesting in it most times of the year.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Great pics and huge thank-you for all you do.