1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Taco is plucking and barbering again...

Discussion in 'Pluckers Parlor' started by hrafn, 10/20/18.

1. Nikomania

Nikomania Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Taco has a surprised look on his face as if he's trying to figure out what the heck he's sporting around his neck.

Shezbug likes this.
  2. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Ripping up the road Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    I do know what you're saying. Milton is the same way...and all the tests he had...including some I didn't know WERE tests came back inconclusive.

I was ready to poncho Milton (with ponchos also provided by @EkkieLu ) a couple of months ago. I even got Milty "used" to interacting with them...so then he began regrowing feathers...and outside of one instance where Milty pulled some new feathers out- when he was spooked by my wife letting him see a stuffed toy- he's let many new feathers grow back completely.

We are gladdened by his regrown feathers, but we are also cautious...we know that he could start the cycle at any time, for any reason...and every time, it gets worse...more feathers in more areas get pulled out....

Eloy, Hankmacaw, Shezbug and 3 others like this.
  3. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Tricia
    Have my fingers crossed Milton will never need to wear those ponchos! Way to go Milton!!!

Eloy, Shezbug, Sarahmoluccan and 2 others like this.
  4. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Ripping up the road Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    ..we also keep all of the stuffed animals out of his room...;)

Eloy, Shezbug, hrafn and 1 other person like this.
  5. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Harness training him last year made it much easier than I expected for him to accept the poncho, but he was definitely astounded once it was on. :embarassed:

I'm so happy Milty is doing so well. :heart2:

Sarahmoluccan, Eloy, Shezbug and 2 others like this.
  6. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    I'm so happy Milty is doing so well. :heart2:[/QUOTE]
    ...now we have to get Taco moving in that direction...

7. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Once the temps are high enough, I'm going to start bringing him out on day trips again. Being outside made him SO happy last year. No barbering or anything. Granted that may also have just been our honeymoon period as well.

8. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Tricia
    Its almost 70' here today! Highest temp we've had all year! Unfortunately, its going to downpour any minute. Being outside again may be just what Taco needs to cheer him up again and get past that behavior....not that he doesn't look very handsome in his new poncho!

9. EkkieLu

Tricia
    I used to have a very cute white furry stuffed owl sitting on the window sill in their room... for about 5 minutes! Newt and Angel did a tag team on it. Then I just had a mess on the floor to clean up!

10. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    Milton adores going out with me...hopefully the weather will break soon...:fingerscrossed:

11. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Ohhh he’s so cute in his poncho! I hope it breaks his cycle of harming himself.

12. hrafn

Poncho #2!! I did a better job with the neck hole on this one lol

20190515_170220.jpg

13. EkkieLu

Tricia
    Brings out the wild side in him!!!

14. hrafn

I love that it matches his face stripes :D

15. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Yay! That one is definitely my favourite Taco fashion accessory:)

16. EkkieLu

Tricia
    I should have used blue fleece for him tho. If he needs to wear them for a while I'll sew a more Taco - ish outfit! Those zebra stripes do look great on him!!!

17. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Rollerblading along the road

Natalie
    Cutest little fashionista! :xflove::xflove:

His fashion icon?

Sarahmoluccan, Eloy, EkkieLu and 2 others like this.
  18. EkkieLu

Tricia
    Lol! I love it!!!

Sarahmoluccan and Shezbug like this.
  19. hrafn

Holy moly, child!!

[​IMG]

The lovely zebra print got shredded, but the fleece is holding strong! I hope this isn't a representation of how he treats his feathers.

20. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    ...Taco, you are a busy boy, indeed!

Better the poncho than feathers...:yes3:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)