• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sylvie says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulievonbeaker

Walking the driveway
This last week it seems like Sylvie has been trying on a whole new personality!

She is playing with her toys like she never has before - screeching happily, rolling around on her back and hanging upside down. She's also been talking non-stop...like all. day. long. And I love it! My kids, however, are just a little irritated with me saying, "hush! I wanna hear what she's saying!" :p

She totally calls for the kids attention as the each come home from school. "Hello! What are you doing? Your a good bird!" as she runs across the top of her cage and puts her head down for them to scratch her. She calls my one son by his name, "Christopher! Hellooooo! What are you doing? Christopher! Your just a good bird! Helloooooo!" :hehe:

And she's so silly - "Pretty bird! Ribbit, ribbit. Hahaha!" Like she knows birds don't ribbit or something... :rofl:

Every time I go to the kitchen, she calls out, "What are you doing?"

I've been taking her with us for rides in the car to pick the kids up from school, just to get her acclimated. The weather hasn't been warm enough for that since we got her til recently, then I needed to get a harness. I wouldn't say she *loves* it yet, but she doesn't seem to mind.

Could this quick change in her behaviour be because of the warm weather?

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Could be warm weather, longer days, car rides (so much fun with the fids!).

How old is Sylvia?

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I don't know, but she sounds adorable!!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
She sounds like she is just learning to love life at your place!!

paulievonbeaker

Walking the driveway
crystal, she was a year in March, and has been with us since September. Yeah, I think it might be a combination of all that stuff - life is now more interesting and she's happy with the warm weather and activity. :)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Ya gotta LOVE Grey:hug8:She is just coming into her own joyous personality:)and now that Bird has joined the family:hug8:You will have double the fun and laughs:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.