• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sydney's story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
I know I posted this at the "other" forum. But don't know if many of you read it. I just wanted to post it again just so that you know what he's been through.
He was born on April 25 2000. So he will be 10 next month!!! Gonna buy hijm a cheap steak lol........share it with him (cooked of course) But he will get the most of it.
Well anyways some family bought him. Had him for 9 yrs. Don't know what they did to him but he's so phobic!!!! I have never seen a more nervous Australian Shepherd in my life. And I have had three of them. OR rather my family has. He's the fourth. He's scared of Buses, so I can't take him on one till IG et him desensitized to them.
9 yrs later, here's where I come into his life. We (mom, aquantince's kid, and I) went to go pick up a puppy. For my mom. We did take home the puppy. But I am a sucker when it comes to dogs, well any animals really. So I asked if I could see the dogs that were barking at us from their kennels that they lived in for 23 hrs a day. The breeder said sure. So she lets out this dog named BeaBea. So I was sitting ont he ground thinking bout how I was gonna get this dog home with me lol.
Then she let out this beautiful red dog. This red dog came running up to me. Scared the poop out of me, thinking my gosh I don't have time to get up before he gets here. So I just kind of held my breath andhe came and sat on my lap.
Then he got off of me turned around looked into myeyes (which I tell people not to do because he's kind of snappish)(didn't know that when I got him) and licked my face all over.
So I asked the breeder how much for him. She told me he's just looking for a good home. I said I will get a dr's note, andtake him lol.
Later I learned that the people that had him for 9 yrs decided that he no longer "fit their lifestyle". I felt really bad for him.
After a month long fight with the landlord, I went to her work place and picked him up it was Monday the 15th of July. He scared the poop out of me that time. Because I walked up the car, not thinking of course....He barked, he has a really deep/aggressive bark.
There was a couple of timest hat I almost gave him back, when I got him he was really picky who he'd like and how he'd treat them. he snapped at a few people, one being deaf. And that ain't cool in my book. But looking back at it, the guy was reaching towards me. So I think in reality he was trying to protect me. But he's gotta use different ways to protect me.
So that's his story. When I talk bout how naughty he's being just think bout this and please don't think he's too naughty. He's been through alot.

southernbirds

How kind of you to take a dog with a past. Did you get him this past July? Hope he is doing better and adjusting well to his new forever home.

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
Adopting an older dog is an awesome thing to do - you ROCK!!! :)

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Thanks guygs. He sure is my baby. Yes it was this past July. Not even a year ago :) I am so blessed to have him. he's my best friend other then my birds

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
good for you adopting an older dog...he just wanted a good home...awww

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
That's such a nice story - any birthday pics of Sydney?

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Thanks guys. I just hop eI can live up to his expectations lol....he's loving living here at mom's, instead of the apartment that I was in.
My councilor and I talk bout Goals all the time. (I hate Goal lists lol because I almost never succeed with them) And one of the goals, was sort of met when I moved into the apartment downstairs from mom and dad. It's in the house. And has a back yard. My ultimate goal wasn't met though my ultimate goal was to rent a house with a back yard for Sydney.

Not yet. This april 25th will be his 10th birthday, yet his first with me. He really is a good dog :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.