• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sydney's plight has got me thinking...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have asked one child to be in charge of what happens with my fids. His response was that i love them more than him.

I need to ask the girls. I think one will say the same thing as her brother. *sigh* Hubby would keep them but he’s 20 years older than me so I need to make a plan. This is constantly on my mind.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Only one or two of my family members might have been willing but have zero knowledge of birds. That is why I went with a good friend who was agreeable. And quite frankly, the inability/unwillingness of family members is why it is specifically outlined who does and does not get what I have accumulated. If you can't be a decent family member in life and will be less helpful should I pass, well, you get nothing. When pets are better to you than family.... well, then the people who have been there for me and allowed me to be there for them, then that's how it goes. Long way of saying @finchly it is ok to think beyond family. A friend. A vet. A helpful rescue. I have contacted rescues to see what it would take to have them assist with re-homing. Oddly, making a plan for Louise was easier than a plan for my dogs. I dearly love them but hope I outlive all my dogs. It is sad when children stray, hopefully they with come to their senses and appreciate family.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My vet has agreed to take Jasper and even reminds me of it now and then. Very comforting. My G'sons dislike Jasper a lot, but they have enough respect for me to make sure that jasper and her belongings get to the Dr.