• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Wish/Shopping List Thread!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Here's what I need...*ahem* I meant want...

Lots of balsa and sola sticks

Lots of foot toys..the buckets are low!

I want another large wingdow-if I could afford it, I'd have one on every one of my windows!

Well I definately need a boing or swing for my wingdow loft...

Been wanting a motherlode for years...wondering if macaws like them? @Macawnutz @aooratrix @Macaw Lover
I know my other two would like, one's obsessed with knots

I love OG's foot toys, been eyeing things from Jan's shop too..

:rofl:

They look nice, but I've never tried one. Maybe I will...I'm like Sarah: I just click away.

jen2016

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Here's what I need...*ahem* I meant want...

Lots of balsa and sola sticks

Lots of foot toys..the buckets are low!

I want another large wingdow-if I could afford it, I'd have one on every one of my windows!

Well I definately need a boing or swing for my wingdow loft...

Been wanting a motherlode for years...wondering if macaws like them? @Macawnutz @aooratrix @Macaw Lover
I know my other two would like, one's obsessed with knots

I love OG's foot toys, been eyeing things from Jan's shop too..

My mac, Jack adores TNT 's knotted/wooden beaded toys. I got him a medium version of the motherload just to see how he'd take to it. Kept his beak busy for a long time! Initially was a few weeks to figure out because he was a baby and his beak wasn't strong enough to crack the beads, but now he has no problem snapping them off. He now goes right for the hemp string so the whole strand drops, so I usually collect the strands he has cut and put them in a box or bury other things in them so it turns into another game--more of a foot toy at that point. The wiffle-ball center is easily annihilated by Mister Busy Beak and I have to stay sharp so he doesn't risk ingesting that part. I never put the motherload in his cage, just on his playstand so I can supervise. Depending on my budget, I'd get him another since he does get really excited over it and loves the involvement of the toy. You can also try their foot toy spiders---that was Jack's first intro and while those don't last very long, they are a favorite of his too.

jen2016

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Shopping list is going to be pretty brief. Just did a bird-shop spree a few weeks ago! XD But noticed I was running low on toy building parts, so I'll be keeping an eye on that. Also might see about some OG 's goods. Finally let Jack loose on the lobster that I've been saving, and he adores it to pieces(literally).

Edit to add: mini-skewers would be cool to try for foot toy building! Also TNT's Wheel Tweet/Medusa toy since Jack just finished chewing that one up. Took about 6 weeks for him to reach the end of that toy. So time for Round 2. :)

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

How long would a motherlode take Sam???

I'm afraid to find out! They are very large and looking at them is amazing. The one I saw was pony beads and I believe jute rope. At the time I thought it was awesome for Maui as he loves to untie knots. ;) Ask Jen! @jmfleish How do the large macaws do with them?

What's a SWS?

I'm still wondering how I became a part of it. :confused: Nutz Mini Skewerz .Comz ????

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I just got my order and received some of the motherlodes from TNT, it is Ella's favorite to play with, she will spend hours playing with them. Will be acquiring more to keep in stock. :D

I have my eye on one thing forever from Avian Stainless that I want to get Ella sometime.

And of course Oliver's Garden I just love there toys!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Cost per hour for interest is VERY low.

Now wouldn't that solve ALL our problems. Could all the vendors put CPHOI in all your descriptions? Just break it down into three catagories. Light chewer/medium chewers/heavy chewers please. ;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Now wouldn't that solve ALL our problems. Could all the vendors put CPHOI in all your descriptions? Just break it down into three catagories. Light chewer/medium chewers/heavy chewers please. ;)

Id like to see that mathematical formula!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I need more platform perches for Ernie's cage. And some other types of perches, LOTS of balsa blocks, mahogany pods, some Tweety Pie's Balsa goodness, SS parts from Blu's, aaaaaannnnddd it will all have to wait until because of the vet bill. Unless there will be raffles. If there are contests or raffles, I will be the contest queen in hopes of winning some good stuff for the tiny turkeys! Will there be raffles, oh wise SWS Leaders?? @Macawnutz?​

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
What's a SWS?
That time of the year when those of us stock up cute toys and Ooooh and ahhhhhh and hide them from the birdies.

You can't hide (we know where you are!)

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Do any vendors sell trees/play stands?
I need another smaller footprint one..

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I need more platform perches for Ernie's cage. And some other types of perches, LOTS of balsa blocks, mahogany pods, some Tweety Pie's Balsa goodness, SS parts from Blu's, aaaaaannnnddd it will all have to wait until because of the vet bill. Unless there will be raffles. If there are contests or raffles, I will be the contest queen in hopes of winning some good stuff for the tiny turkeys! Will there be raffles, oh wise SWS Leaders?? @Macawnutz?

Active Raffles | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh boy, I think I'm going to have to up my medication for this SWS!

I honestly don't know how long the Mother Lode would last for a large Mac. It really depends on the bird. I have one customer with a GWM who only buys the MLs for him but I think he's more gentle. She says it's his favorite toy. I've had a few M2 owners buy them on occasion as well but they seem to be the most popular for the medium sized birds like greys and Amazons. I have one customer who actually uses it as a foraging toy and hides almonds in the knots.

For the mechanical guys, especially birds like the BTMs or even those crazy G2s, I would probably go with our Dexter's Doodads. I've had a lot of customers swear by that toy for their BTMs.